Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc and xbox

• 28-01-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭

Hey i've been having problems with my xbox connection to both xbox live and home network. Sometimes when i watch sky go it'll play fine but the quality of the picture will fluctuate drastically but more often than no the picture will freeze (audio's fine) or will reload. when it comes to watching on demand or downloaded movie files through home network that's a non starter. sky go just keeps reloading and downloads the video speeds up freezes and waits for audio the loads again. un-watchable.

I tried to set up the media centre to see if this made an improvement with my home network and noticed that it said my router signal was 8xx.xxa and my wireless was 8xx.xxg and i should change my router to the g frequency (?) if possible.

is this possible? I have the thompson wireless router from upc and a 25 mb package

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The Thomson router does not have an 802.11a mode, it's g and n only.

Connect your Xbox through the Ethernet interface, wireless is prone to any number of different interferences.

Advertisement