Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What console Do you play Skyrim On?

• 28-01-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

So which one do you play on guys? I'm playing it on the PC, first time playing a game on the PC bar Age of Empires, but I have to say I love it! Usually play games on the PS3 but I heard that PS3 version is the worst to play on out of all consoles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

the trusty old Xbox 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

PC here

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

Oh Xbox for me, only about 25 hrs into Skyrim but I can already see weeks disappearing with this one :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The 360. I had read that there were some bugs on the PS3 so went with 360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

yeah the xbox seems to be the safe choice alright. I got my ps3 controller working on my laptop so Its happy days for me! makes it 10 times easier.Not used to the keyboard at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 King Leper

PC all the way. With a few mods to help the favorites and inventory menu and a few graphical tweeks, I can't see playing it on anything else. Of course I don't really see playing any game on anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

PC user here too. What mods do you use King Leper? It wrecks my head that the UI is designed for a console and us PC users can't take full advantage of the mouse/keyboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

PC here as well and got to agree the UI is a pain in the arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

for xbox360 and ps3 users
    believe you're wasting your life... If i were you, i would sell my xbox360/ps3 to enjoy ultra setting at PC. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 King Leper

t1mm wrote: »
    PC user here too. What mods do you use King Leper? It wrecks my head that the UI is designed for a console and us PC users can't take full advantage of the mouse/keyboard!

I use just a few. I didn't go overboard. You can find all these mods at http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/. To use these you need to install a mod called skse to make all these work. It is located at http://skse.silverlock.org/. They explain where to put it in your file. Very simple.

I use SkyUI to change the inventory menu. This makes it so much better I think. It makes it easier to look through your stuff and gives it more of a PC game feel. It makes the menus nicer and you can sort things by stolen, enchanted, favorited, etc. It shows weights and value all without having to scroll over each one. It even has a search box to find something a lot faster.
    I also use the god send mod for the favorites menu called catagorized favorites menu. This is awesome. I hated the scroll through favorites menu that came standard. This drove me mad as it was just as much of a pain in the arse to find something after having numerous things favorited. This catagorizes them and makes finding your favorite items, spells, weapons and hotkeyed things a breeze.
    I also use a quality road map. This gives you the map with the roads drawn in. While it isn't game changing, it is nice. You can also rotate the map as well.
    I also use TESVAL (another similar one is Skyboost) which is a helpful mod to eliminate some bottlenecking in the script. However, I have heard with the new 1.4 patch that Bethesda has addressed this issue so this may no longer be needed.
    I also use no more blocky faces to help eliminate the blocky like features that most of the people of Skyrim seemed to have. That along with realistic water textures and enhanced sky for some extra flash was nice.

I didn't do the whole overhaul thing though becuase of the Creation Kit that was coming. If any are unaware of what this is, Bethesda is releasing a Creation Kit (should be out any day now) for modders. The exciting thing is if you are a Steam user, this will work with Steam's new Workshop. You can create Syrim mods with the creation kit and upload them to Steam. If you see mods you like you can select them and Steam will install them for you and keep them updated for you. Pretty nice. Let me know if you guys use any and what you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I tried to play it on the ps3......and failed. Well it(ps3) failed.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Xbox 360

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

PC FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Playing on PS3 - with all the autosaves off it is quite reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BoomSha

PS3, unfortunately. Buggy and slow as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

360 :) Hi Def Telly ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

PS3, usually it's been grand,not much lag or many bugs. But today it was acting the c*nt, was doing the civil war quest line, and it I couldn't advance because the dialogue option wouldn't appear.

Got there eventually after shouting Unrelenting Force at her lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

PC with a good few mods, SkyUI is a must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

Had to replace my old xbox just for this. Heard it was almost unplayable on the PS3. New Vegas was buggy enough on PS3 so that put me off

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    PS3, usually it's been grand,not much lag or many bugs. But today it was acting the c*nt, was doing the civil war quest line, and it I couldn't advance because the dialogue option wouldn't appear.

Got there eventually after shouting Unrelenting Force at her lol :D

I was finishing up the Civil War quest today on PS3 and it completely froze and locked up like 3 times. Haven't had any problems playing on the PS3 up until now! I had tons of problems playing Oblivion on the 360 which is why I got this one on PS3 grrrrr!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

PC - I wouldn't settle for anything less.

Advertisement