Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dastardly Dell

Options
  • 28-01-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all, (Mods, move this to where ever is more appropriate).

I'll keep this brief. Hopefully there is a simple solution here.

I was halfway through ordering a new desktop on dell.ie earlier when I saw the note displayed on the website which in summary said Your billing address must match the delivery address or else the online payment system will not process the order.

This is a bit of problem for me as I'm in work all week and don't get home till after half 6 (that's early). Is there a way of arranging with Dell to deliver to my work address? This seems like a major pitfall in their ordering online process to me? Surely people get stuff delivered to their work address more often than not?

I tried talking with a dell rep over their chat system but he wasn't very helpful and said he'd only tell me what I can do when I'm literally in the act of ordering the item?

Any ideas guys/gals? Any comments/suggestions most welcome.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Place the order through dell and when you get the email that it has been shipped, you can use the tracking no to contact the courier.

You can get them to drop it at your workplace or you can collect it yourself from the courier's depot. I've done it loads of times on Dell orders.

They do this to prevent fraud - someone ordering a laptop using a stolen CC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Also you could not order from Dell. Those of us over at Building&Upgrading can get you a better desktop for cheaper, just follow the instructions in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

deconduo wrote: »
    Also you could not order from Dell. Those of us over at Building&Upgrading can get you a better desktop for cheaper, just follow the instructions in my sig.

Good point! Dell have people fooled with their "great value" and "personal service". I find their stuff at the limit of cheap and nasty.

Advertisement