Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Crisis. Please Help!

Options
  • 28-01-2012 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

During the week one of my pets knocked a glass of orange juice across my keyboard (HP Pavillion dv7 3020sa) & it's gone haywire since - no keys working when I press them, but screen scrolls everywhere making it unusable. So I found a tutorial for taking it apart so I could clean the keyboard/replace it with newly ordered keyboard. After doing so I turned it on but the screen doesn't work now! Totally blank. I plugged it through VGA into a desktop monitor but still nothing.

Any help massively appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Take it back down again, you've forgot to reconnect something. We can assume its the screen. Its usually a small connector about an inch long with a flap on it so you can pull it straight up and out, and replacing it is as simple as pushing it back down.

I suspect you connecting the VGA would work, except you arent switching the laptops output, one normally must use a keyboard to activate VGAout. Look for Fn+F5 or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

ED E wrote: »
    Take it back down again, you've forgot to reconnect something. We can assume its the screen. Its usually a small connector about an inch long with a flap on it so you can pull it straight up and out, and replacing it is as simple as pushing it back down.

I suspect you connecting the VGA would work, except you arent switching the laptops output, one normally must use a keyboard to activate VGAout. Look for Fn+F5 or similar.

Thing is, the keyboard isn't working. & I just had a look to double check & everything's plugged in where it should be.

Haven't screwed it shut yet. Could that have a bearing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Screws arent important, except in the case of bezels with buttons in them, but I assume the power button works so you're ok there.

Does it beep when it boots, if so how many times/long or short?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

ED E wrote: »
    Screws arent important, except in the case of bezels with buttons in them, but I assume the power button works so you're ok there.

Does it beep when it boots, if so how many times/long or short?

No beeps & still have keyboard unplugged. Should I plug the keyboard back in or would this make a difference?

Advertisement