Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Hotel city center ?

Options
  • 28-01-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering if anyone can suggest a good hotel for a family 2/3 night stay that would be close to the luas line, sites and shopping.. thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Maldron Smithfield is OK and is close to everything including Luas.

From Tripadvisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Maldron Smithfield is OK and is close to everything including Luas.

From Tripadvisor

i stayed in the maldron on parnell square on wednesday night. while the accomodation was grand the food was vile. we and others handed back the food and refused to pay. we ended up getting fed in mizzoni opposite

we found the staff very unhelpful. we had our baby with us and any time i needed anything from reception i had to go down for it, they refused to bring anything up to the room even though we were trying to settle the baby

I would not recommend the maldron to the op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Jurys Christchurch? Luas is just across the river. Which Luas line do you want, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Jurys Christchurch? Luas is just across the river. Which Luas line do you want, OP?

Are the rooms soundproofed? The bells of Christchurch would drive me mental on a Sunday morning!!

Re the Maldrons, they get excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. And my experince of Smithfield was good, although I didn't avail of the food offereing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Best Western Academy Plaza - just off O'Connell Street. Huge Rooms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ripley Court on Talbot St is a grand hotel.
    Perfect for a family and the breakfast is very good

Not the best part of town though late at night but it's maybe four hundred metres from the Luas so you don't need to walk up Talbot St to get there, you can get the Luas and go back again if that makes sense

During the day it's perfect for city centre and some shopping, very central

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

The Camden court if you are lookin for the green line Luas . . .

Advertisement