Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best second hand loader tractor

• 28-01-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

i know this has been discussed over and over again but im looking for a tractor preferably 2006plus. Has to be at least 110hp. I have 40k budget.
    It will be doing general farm work. i have a 5455 already and am not to keane on it.
    any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Donegal09

New Holland T6030 is a nice machine. Had one out on demo and thought it was very good for its size, plenty of power and lots of grip, it isnt overly big either so it was handy in the yard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

wexf0rd wrote: »
    i have a 5455 already and am not to keane on it.

Thanks in advance

What do you find wrong with it may I ask, is it power,gearbox,speed,stability or what?
    Plenty of alternatives out there from the leading manufactures in all colours

• Registered Users Posts: 39 wexf0rd

What do you find wrong with it may I ask, is it power,gearbox,speed,stability or what?
    Plenty of alternatives out there from the leading manufactures in all colours

I find its very underpowered. i dont like the gears(manual stick type). I have found the build quality very poor like exhaust breaking off at 2000 hrs. Brakes went on it. Very bouncy on road, i wouldnt like to imagine what it would be like with a loader on it. It needs a whole field to turn in
    Also if its raining and you open the back window, rain starts flowing into cab because of the way its shaped. Apart from these things, it find its not to bad.

Has anyone any opinions on Deutz tractors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Claas Ares 557ATZ would be an excellent, reliable workhorse. If you found one with the fast hydraulic pump, it would make a fantastic loader tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

wexf0rd wrote: »
    i know this has been discussed over and over again but im looking for a tractor preferably 2006plus. Has to be at least 110hp. I have 40k budget.
    It will be doing general farm work. i have a 5455 already and am not to keane on it.
    any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

what year is your 5455, the newer ones are more powerful, have the slightly sloped bonnet to suit loader work and are supposed to be nicer tractor altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

How about a good 2ndhand Valtra 6550 115 hp power with quickie loader:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

Has anyone any opinions on Deutz tractors?[/Quote]

had a look at 100 agrofarm last year with Ross more loader. nice compact tractor. cab is abit cramped!!! that's what put me off because nephews are always around and looking for a spin when doing the jobs. but if your on your own, then it would be fine. neighbour has a 08 k series 420, wide wheels and quickie loader on it. lovely machine. compact with good turning circle.
    had alook at the zetor too, forterra 115 and 125. the hadn't the reverse shuttle at the time , think latest version does. good tractor to pull and not bad on the eye either. might be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Krico22

Donegal09 wrote: »
    New Holland T6030 is a nice machine. Had one out on demo and thought it was very good for its size, plenty of power and lots of grip, it isnt overly big either so it was handy in the yard

i agree with the T6030.. great vision for loader work aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

How about a good 2ndhand Valtra 6550 115 hp power with quickie loader:D:D:D

On Valtras anyone would think the were the most awkward looking tractor ever designed to look at them. I was working with a lad who had a 8050 mega for a while with a giant of a rossmore loader on it and it would turn above on a euro coin. Very nimble around the yard and you wouldnt think it, super fast hydraulics and plenty of power and comfort I thought and they are supposed to be very reliable. I wouldnt rule them out for a minute. Great tractors imo and I wouldnt let the look of them put me off.

On Valtras anyone would think the were the most awkward looking tractor ever designed to look at them. I was working with a lad who had a 8050 mega for a while with a giant of a rossmore loader on it and it would turn above on a euro coin. Very nimble around the yard and you wouldnt think it, super fast hydraulics and plenty of power and comfort I thought and they are supposed to be very reliable. I wouldnt rule them out for a minute. Great tractors imo and I wouldnt let the look of them put me off.

know of a lad who was sick of waiting on a lad to come and dig out a slatted thank 4 him so he jumped into his valra 8050 with front loader and doug out the tank himself gospel and it wast soft ground either nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

know of a lad who was sick of waiting on a lad to come and dig out a slatted thank 4 him so he jumped into his valra 8050 with front loader and doug out the tank himself gospel and it wast soft ground either nuff said

nuff said he was an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

nuff said he was an idiot
    :D:D:D:D+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Id have to see it to believe it and if it was the case all I can say is the poor valtra!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

i wonder how he got the last bit dug out,uknow where the digger or tractor in this case :) reach,s down to square out the tank???? :)

Nobbies wrote: »
    i wonder how he got the last bit dug out,uknow where the digger or tractor in this case :) reach,s down to square out the tank???? :)

doug a hole big enough with a ramp down into it,d guy is a pure dog
    :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 streamer

hello everyone
    i am trying to get at least 8 people together to bring in a container of 8-10 compact tractors from Japan check out oho-tr.com and have a look at what they have if you registar for an account they will give you a password and you can have a look at the prices and you can bargin with them on the price of the tractor but min order is 8 tractors allthough they can deliver up to 20 at any one time. Come back to me any one interested. (not bull**** artists or time wasters please) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

streamer wrote: »
    hello everyone
    i am trying to get at least 8 people together to bring in a container of 8-10 compact tractors from Japan check out oho-tr.com and have a look at what they have if you registar for an account they will give you a password and you can have a look at the prices and you can bargin with them on the price of the tractor but min order is 8 tractors allthough they can deliver up to 20 at any one time. Come back to me any one interested. (not bull**** artists or time wasters please) thanks

Would they be ~110hp and suitable for a loader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Muckit wrote: »
    Would they be ~110hp and suitable for a loader?

Ye. 6 of them welded together. That would be 24 wheel drive. The rag would be around in a few weeks to take photos:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

streamer wrote: »
    hello everyone

what mechanic will know about them when they go wrong and what dealer will stock the parts? they would want to be giving them away for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

They could be Kubota's................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

looked at a new holland ts115a plus with stoll self loader today-tidy machine

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Skittles_

stanflt wrote: »
    looked at a new holland ts115a plus with stoll self loader today-tidy machine

CNH Tsa/Mxu 115,Jd 6330 would be best personaly.
    Fendts blow headgaskets and vario's, jd's breakdown... they all get sick eventually biggest thing is who'll give best value/comfort/Back-up to your standards.

Advertisement