Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

jo06555 wrote: »
    I really don't know much about the way weather works properly but why is it we never get the best of cold in winter and when its summer we allways seem to miss out on mostly hot days too ??? UK seems to get best of both worlds....:(

Two words, 'Atlantic Ocean'

It owns us. We are at it's mercy.

Two words, 'Atlantic Ocean'

It owns us. We are at it's mercy.

We are Enda to its Sarkozy :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

delw wrote: »
    http://images.meteociel.fr/im/4494/gfs-2012013118-1-144_zjn2.png
    i know it's FI but it's even game over for the UK

looks like darth vadar scaring the cold front :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Can't beat the Daily Mail for a bit of over reaction.Some good pics though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094230/UK-weather-Army-standby-temperatures-plummet-11C.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

zerks wrote: »
    Can't beat the Daily Mail for a bit of over reaction.Some good pics though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094230/UK-weather-Army-standby-temperatures-plummet-11C.html
    1,500 a per week? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Easy. If it were particularly cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

-13 C at Rodon in southwest France. Severe cold will become more widespread across France and could damage some vineyards, hopefully not the good ones.

Know what they're saying in Algeria?

"Here comes the Iberian."

Models suggest it could snow as far south as Granada, Valencia and Majorca, not necessarily at sea level where applicable, but not very far up either. Frost could damage crops in southern Spain.

Even places like Oran and Algiers could see snow at higher elevations, which must be unusual if not unprecedented.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It would hit 1500 a week in Europe, this is simply calculated by measuring excess mortality of all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

Kinda hard to see it in the picture, but there was some snow on the wicklow mountains this monring when i was going to work! :D

190843.jpg
    (southern cross in bray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

-3 in north Kildare this morning, and no frost. :( Too much wind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Macy0161

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Kinda hard to see it in the picture, but there was some snow on the wicklow mountains this monring when i was going to work! :D
    That's from the weekend rain, snow line quite high though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

(southern cross in bray
    People that climbed lugnaquilla yesterday told me it is close to a foot deep near the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

Cionád wrote: »
    -3 in north Kildare this morning, and no frost. :( Too much wind?

Hi,same here in eastern donegal.what happened was temperatures remained above freezing until 7 this morning when the cloud broke.castlederg in n.ireland illustrates my point http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ni/castlederg_latest_weather.html

We may not be getting any substancial falls this week and I know its early days yet, but the models for the middle of feb are looking beeeee-uti-ful! :D

captureley.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Looking at the various radars there is not a single shower in Britain or Ireland. Winds are slack and NE or E at the moment. They will turn E and then SE overnight and may be slightly stronger tomorrow - but not much. Any hope of streamers developing? I have in my head there is some technical reason why streamers are more likely during the day than at night..........

We may not be getting any substancial falls this week and I know its early days yet, but the models for the middle of feb are looking beeeee-uti-ful! :D

captureley.png

Hi,How plausible is it that will happen-percentage wise in your own opinion.hope we get northerly's for the snow ha

Hi,How plausible is it that will happen-percentage wise in your own opinion.hope we get northerly's for the snow ha

I honestly don't have a clue, all we can do is wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I have had the impression for a while that we are going to have a really cold March, and i still reckon it will happen. We will get our comeuppance:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I have had the impression for a while that we are going to have a really cold March, and i still reckon it will happen. We will get our comeuppance:(

Funny you say that,all the old folk where i live are saying that ther will be snow this easter:rolleyes:,early easter this year 8/4/12

UK Outlook for Monday 6 Feb 2012 to Wednesday 15 Feb 2012:

Eastern parts of the UK are likely to be cold, dry and bright at first on Monday. Western areas are more likely to be cloudy with rain, this falling as snow on high ground. The rain is likely to move slowly eastwards during Monday, with western areas becoming drier but staying rather cloudy. After this, northwesterly winds are likely to affect the UK, bringing showers to many northern and western areas, with a chance of further snow on hills, perhaps to lower levels in Scotland. It will also become rather windy at times. Central, southern and eastern areas should gradually become drier and brighter though. Temperatures are likely to be near or slightly below average for February, but it should be less cold than recent days.

Updated: 1216 on Wed 1 Feb 2012

UK Outlook for Thursday 16 Feb 2012 to Thursday 1 Mar 2012:

Temperatures will probably be around average at first, but cold weather looks likely to prevail during this period, with both daytime maximum and night-time minimum temperatures likely to be below average for much of the time. Rainfall amounts will probably be near or below average in many areas, but possibly above average over southern Britain, and with below average temperatures expected there is the potential for snow at times.

Updated: 1219 on Wed 1 Feb 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

See my chart in the Fantasy Island thread ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Check out who found some sleet and snow :cool: :pac:

190872.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Plenty of snow in the UK at the moment

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16160508

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Latest UK MO forecast. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

t|nt|n wrote: »

190872.JPG

And they said it wouldn't snow! tsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Stunning day here in Dublin, long may the weather like this continue now till next November!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Sad we didn't get snow and it looks like the high is back with a vengeance.

I hope the high will be gone soonand we will get another cool summer like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Stunning day here in Dublin, long may the weather like this continue now till next November!

Much though I love snow, it's nice when the weather is like this too. Cold, crisp and beaming sunshine all afternoon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

t|nt|n wrote: »

190872.JPG

Dont worry, they have loads of it already. Djouce mountain at 8:15am this morning:

190881.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ZX7R wrote: »
    Funny you say that,all the old folk where i live are saying that ther will be snow this easter:rolleyes:,early easter this year 8/4/12

Haven't there been more "White Easters" than white Christmases since records started?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement