Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Your not the only one:) but it looks like we are going to miss out this time only by a few 100 miles:mad: But models are hinting of a reload either from the east or north towards next weekend when we get over this mild blip early next week.

Yea,the only thing that's known is the unknown.There's a chance of snow for me tomorrow in Donegal,BBC northern ireland weather mentioned the west of Ulster could see snow.I'd love a northerly blast for a few days then switching around in to an easterly.Nothing like mobile cold weather compared to this mundane crap ha

I was out pruning wall shrubs today its so easy to work as a gardener without that westerly precipitation it kinda gets into the bones but this dry spell helps the outdoor workers get the job done in comfort it was zero today all day in Clare it was tremendous......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

The Siberian cold front 'Cooper' brings icy temperatures dropping to -15C in Germany
    00058035-970.jpg

Temperatures plunged to -34C in parts of Romania
    0005802d-970.jpg

43 people have died of hypothermia in Ukraine over the past six days
    00058031-970.jpg

A window covered with frost in Godewaersvelde, northern France
    00058030-970.jpg

Snow blanketed Italy in what is forecast to be the coldest week in 27 years
    00058034-970.jpg

A young man walks past a temperature display on Independence square in Kiev
    00058033-970.jpg

Snow covered oranges hang from a branch in Nice in southeastern France
    00058036-970.jpg

Sheets of ice lay on the banks of the river Elbe in the German city of Dresden
    0005802f-970.jpg

People walk on frozen sea waters in Constanta, 230km east of Bucharest
    0005802e-970.jpg

Snow-covered trees near the western German city of Winterberg
    00058037-970.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

gurramok wrote: »

Before 2009, I think the last 'sticky' snow we had in Dublin that lasted for a few days was in 2001, is that correct? If so, an 8 yr gap!:)

My God! :eek:

Who could possibly forget the Great Graupel fall of Feb 2005?

IMG_1060-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moongirlkillua

hi all i am new on boards, was wondering if anyone knows anything bout large circle of light around moon tonight and if it signifies extreme cold on way. also clouds look like strips of light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

hi all i am new on boards, was wondering if anyone knows anything bout large circle of light around moon tonight and if it signifies extreme cold on way. also clouds look like strips of light.

It's just a halo formed by the very thin layer of cirrus cloud (at around 20,000 ft), which is composed of ice crystals. These refract the moonlight and cause the halo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Wild Bill wrote: »
    My God! :eek:

Who could possibly forget the Great Graupel fall of Feb 2005?

Good pic ;)

It's that desperate ain't it that we Irish sometimes have to wait years for a bit of snow. I remember in Zurich once a few years ago and speaking to a few locals and they were shocked when I told them Ireland 'rarely' gets snow.

We must be the only 'Northern country'(maybe bar a region in Western Britain) that hardly receives any snow. The Siberian Blasts rarely get past customs control here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

gurramok wrote: »
    Good pic ;)

It's that desperate ain't it that we Irish sometimes have to wait years for a bit of snow. I remember in Zurich once a few years ago and speaking to a few locals and they were shocked when I told them Ireland 'rarely' gets snow.

We must be the only 'Northern country'(maybe bar a region in Western Britain) that hardly receives any snow. The Siberian Blasts rarely get past custom control here :pac:
    there might be no snow but at least this give me a chuckle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

The Siberian cold front 'Cooper' brings icy temperatures dropping to -15C in Germany.....

Great pic's.... Another reason I was hoping this cold snap would hit us proper... snow gets me up off my a** and out taking photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Once Vogan shows up in any form you know the cold spell is actually over or else amounted to nothing...or both in this case.

7857_0b0f.jpeg

Any chance we can lock up the Cold spell hopecasting thread and let Darkman start the next one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

I could of snorted the amount of snow we had this year :pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Who is Mark Vogan anyway? No disrespect to him or anyone that likes his videos, I think he has good knowledge and enthusiasm and that's all great.

Am I missing something other than another amateur's personal opinion with nicely put together videos :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

The likelihood of snow is inversely proportional to the number of times Vogen says 'Folks' in any given video

I think Mark is one cool dude :cool:

(Though I wonder abut the American flag in the background, he sounds so, like, Scottish)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Hes from Northern Ireland I think Folks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Hes from Northern Ireland I think Folks!!

Born in Bangor, Northern Ireland and moved to Scotland at a very young age.

Henry XIII is said to have described the English Summer as "three hot days followed by a thunderstorm" - I guess with the frost set to disappear this afternoon we could say the typical Irish Winter is three frosty days followed by a drizzle :(

Back to the land of Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Getting unconfirmed Donegal snow reports on Facebook. Will keep ye updated.

Confirmed !!!! Light snow in Killybegs at sea level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Latest ME forecast. We'll have to wait till next Wednesday night for frost.(no snow yet :D) Bye bye frost!
    Cold and frosty again this morning. Generally dry for the day but increasing cloud will bring some light rain to western counties this afternoon. Highest temperatures of 2 to 5 degrees, coolest across Leinster and Ulster.

Tonight

Any frost in the east will clear early tonight as cloud increases and temperatures rise to about 4 or 5 degrees through the night. There'll be scattered outbreaks of rain overnight with freshening southwesterly winds.

Tomorrow

No frost tomorrow morning. It'll be cloudy with some light rain at first in the east. The mid-morning to early afternoon will be dry, but then heavier rain will spread from the northwest. Fresh southwesterly winds and highest temperatures of 7 to 9 degrees.

Outlook

*snip* Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...mild with rain.

A much brighter and drier day will follow on Wednesday although near the Leinster and east Ulster coast it may still be cloudy and damp up until mid-morning.

Most places will be frost free for the first half of next week, but there will be a widespread severe frost next Wednesday night as temperatures fall close to freezing.

Current indications suggest only light and scattered rainfall for the second half of next week with the weather dry most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Confirmed !!!! Light snow in Killybegs at sea level.

I knew when i saw your name it had to be a snow report.
    There is something on its way here, will interesting to see what falls.

Edit: It's rain...

Now snowing in Donegal Town. That's it I'm happy now. Roll on the summer. Mission accomplished !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Here is how things look !

191223.JPG

Snowing heavier here in Donegal Town. Starting to stick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

If we could just have one shower of snow here in Swords I would be happy then. Just one small shower, so I can stand outside and feel it.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Snowing heavier here in Donegal Town. Starting to stick. :)

heres some salt, rub it into my wounds why dont ye?? :p;)

hard to get a pic but
    776b7210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow chucking it down here, Great unexpected snowfall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

Pangea wrote: »
    Snow chucking it down here, Great unexpected snowfall :)

This has been typical of winter so far in the east, even when we get an easterly for a few days, and all indications are at the beginning that the east will see the best of any snow, the only place to see any snow is Donegal, i think i'll move :D

Anyway seriously happy for you people in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

srocliffe wrote: »
    This has been typical of winter so far in the east, even when we get an easterly for a few days, and all indications are at the beginning that the east will see the best of any snow, the only place to see any snow is Donegal, i think i'll move :D

Anyway seriously happy for you people in Donegal.

Totally agree... but am also pleased that some people this morning are getting to see some snow, even if it is never moi!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement