Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join a Choir in Dublin....

Options
  • 28-01-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey,im looking to join a choir in Dublin...in or around the city centre

excuse the next question as it may be incredibly ill informed so pardon my stupidity/ignorance.

are there any non-religious/non-church choirs in Dublin?

im strongly atheist and would not feel comfortable singing religious songs...

as i said,sorry if thats a stupid question!

cheers for any information!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

There are no stupid questions :)

Now, I'm not from Dublin, but to get you started (or at least inspired) I had a look around the internet and found an old boards thread that might be worth a look:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73843703

You say you don't want to sing church music, do you know what you would like to sing? Popular music, chamber music, men's choir? :)
    Once you have an idea it may be a little easier for you to find the right place.

Hope this helped at least a little :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It'll be tough finding a choir that only sings secular music, as the greatest body of choral music in the world is written in praise of God.

I don't think I could name a single choir in Ireland that only performs secular stuff. A barbershop quartet maybe.
    Get on to AOIC, they'll know, if anyone will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

wet-paint wrote: »
    It'll be tough finding a choir that only sings secular music, as the greatest body of choral music in the world is written in praise of God.

I don't think I could name a single choir in Ireland that only performs secular stuff. A barbershop quartet maybe.
    Get on to AOIC, they'll know, if anyone will.

That's very true. Even atheist composers throughout history have composed great Requiems ;)

Advertisement