Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

H.323 ITG any use?

• 28-01-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Got this thing from a friend a while back (office clearout). Just looking into VOIP for home at the moment as the parents are interested in getting rid of the landline and saving some $. This thing has 2 FXO and 2 FXS ports so I was considering trying to use it to interface two existing analog phones to a VOIP provider.

Only problem is that it uses H.323 not SIP as far as I can tell. Anyone know if it is possible to get a blueface account and have it ring this thing if I run a server with something like this? I have a file server running 24/7 anyway so running a service like that wouldn't be a problem.

The device itself seems to work fine and I can access the telnet setup and the http server.

Or perhaps it isn't worth the trouble and I should just buy some SIP adaptors.. ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You would need to contact Blueface directly and ask them if they will provide H.323 codec. I know they provide IAX and SIP but not sure about H.323.

Alternatively, you could find some online service to convert SIP to H.323. Now, how and if that converting would work, I don't know.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement