Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 29-01-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, when my 12 yr old son went to the toilet last night he called me to say he was peeing blood. I ran in and saw his hands and thighs were blood. However i dont think i saw any blood in the urine. I am a single mother with no partner so he doesnt really have anyone to talk to. I thought it might be torn foreskin? He was really frightened and embaressed.
    Anyway i brought him to doc tonight and he couldnt see any tears in skin. He suspected an infection and prescribed antibiotics.
    Has this ever happened to anyones son??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi, when my 12 yr old son went to the toilet last night he called me to say he was peeing blood. I ran in and saw his hands and thighs were blood. However i dont think i saw any blood in the urine. I am a single mother with no partner so he doesnt really have anyone to talk to. I thought it might be torn foreskin? He was really frightened and embaressed.
    Anyway i brought him to doc tonight and he couldnt see any tears in skin. He suspected an infection and prescribed antibiotics.

Elaine,you did the right thing bringing him to doctor.
    For any child of that age,blood is scary,particularly a boy because girls are aware of periods etc...
    Perhaps go back to the doctor when course of antibiotics is finished and get him to examine your son again.

Is there any adult male in your life who could talk to him if he won't talk to you ? Uncle,cousin,grandad?
    It's an awkward age ,what with bodily changes and hormones escalating.
    Best wait at least a week and see if there's any changes.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 3 year old boy had the same thing happen. However it was like his urine was mixed with bkackcurrant juice. It wasn't pure blood. It happened twice, hasn't happened since. His now 6 nearly 7.

I got specimen jars off the gp. So if they turned a funny colour they could be dipped to see if he had a kidney infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

msthe80s wrote: »

Elaine,you did the right thing bringing him to doctor.
    For any child of that age,blood is scary,particularly a boy because girls are aware of periods etc...
    Perhaps go back to the doctor when course of antibiotics is finished and get him to examine your son again.

Is there any adult male in your life who could talk to him if he won't talk to you ? Uncle,cousin,grandad?
    It's an awkward age ,what with bodily changes and hormones escalating.
    Best wait at least a week and see if there's any changes.
    Good luck
    My dad a chat with him so he seems a little bit better, thanks for your advice i,ll b going back to doctor on Friday

Advertisement