Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are deposits refundable?

Options
  • 29-01-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Could anyone give me some advice on this. I booked in to do a course that starts in a month and paid a deposit of 500euro. However in the meantime i was offered a job so now i can no longer do the course. I explained this to them but they said i could not get my deposit back. When i paid the deposit she said nothing about it being non refundable and only gave me a receipt saying i have paid 500euro. Can they keep the full deposit??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What course, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It really depends on the terms under which the deposit was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kelijryan

there was no terms and conditions said. We visited the place got the info and just gave the 500 euro to secure my place on the course. i didnt sign anything i just got a recipt saying iv paid 500 euro??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

In the main, deposits are usually never refundable because you have made a verbal contract with the supplier to supply services or goods, and have made a down-payment on those services or goods. Unless the service doesn't come to pass, or the goods prove to be not fit for purpose, you aren't entitled to any of your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kelijryan

thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement