Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicare Pharmacies

• 29-01-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

A bit of a different one :)
    Until the end of January (sorry I just discovered this today) if you shop in an Unicare Pharmacy they should give you a coupon for 5 euro off when you spend 25 in the month of February.
    I am planning to buy my Manuka Honey...and some Panadol? :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

A bit of a different one :)
    Until the end of January (sorry I just discovered this today) if you shop in an Unicare Pharmacy they should give you a coupon for 5 euro off when you spend 25 in the month of February.
    I am planning to buy my Manuka Honey...and some Panadol? :p

We've always got our Manuka Honey in Aldi. How does the price compare? It could be cheaper to go to Aldi even with the fiver off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

bazwaldo wrote: »
    We've always got our Manuka Honey in Aldi. How does the price compare? It could be cheaper to go to Aldi even with the fiver off.

I finished my first jar of it few days ago, tried it for my mild asthma problems and it worked!
    So, my first jar I bought in a pharmacy (a different one tbh), from what I understood the "quality" of the honey depends on the MGO ratio, I don't know if the one in supermarkets is "as concentrated"...but I will definitely take a look as it is an expensive product.
    Can I ask you how much the Aldi one is? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Tirabella,

You should really try local unprocessed honey. Your nearest healthfood shop will stock it. Or contact your local beekeeping group and make contact with a beekeeper in your area. Local honey will contain tiny amounts of anything that is likely to set your aggravate your asthma, and works a bit like a vaccine.

Should be cheaper and better for you than anything else. (My OH is a beekeeper) Give it a go. Plenty of lovely Wicklow honey around.

I finished my first jar of it few days ago, tried it for my mild asthma problems and it worked!
    So, my first jar I bought in a pharmacy (a different one tbh), from what I understood the "quality" of the honey depends on the MGO ratio, I don't know if the one in supermarkets is "as concentrated"...but I will definitely take a look as it is an expensive product.
    Can I ask you how much the Aldi one is? Thank you!

I can't remember how much the Aldi one is. And we just finished the jar last week so I can't tell you the weight or MGO. I should be in Aldi in the next couple of days to get some Super 6 veg and will get pick one up and let you know.

Found this http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/product_range/product_range_13621.htm.

MGO Active 10+.
    Weight 250g
    Price €4.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Found this http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/product_range/product_range_13621.htm.

MGO Active 10+.
    Weight 250g
    Price €4.49

Thank you very much!
    I think mine was the 100 or even the 300 (can't remember)...it was fairly more expensive, surely more than 10 euro for the small jar but I suppose it depends one the use you plan for it, I used it for cough with asthma and probably needed something a bit stronger, anyway...I'll give the Aldi stuff a try :) Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We get our honey from my wifes aunt in Slovakia every summer.she has her own hives in the mountains.

Only problem is luggage allowance

Advertisement