Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an old PC first person shooter with Nazi theme..

Options
  • 29-01-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

OK it's not Wolfensein, I'm 100% positive but it is a FPS and does have a nazi theme to it. Released around the mid 90's I remember using an MP and other Nazi weapons. It was a Doom type game but more advanced graphics similar to Star wars Jedi Knight released roughly about the same time. That's the only information I can give. Probably a long shot but any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Mortyr?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

gizmo wrote: »
    Mortyr?
    No I think my game might have been a little before that graphics wise. I think it might even have come free with a magazine so I'm probably really talking about a long shot. Thanks for jumping straight in though.:)

I'd LOVE to play it again though. Used to spend hours on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Nazi themed game and your from the us of germany?
    Keep the volume down if you play this game you may upset the neighbours in Poland.

MyKeyG wrote: »
    No I think my game might have been a little before that graphics wise. I think it might even have come free with a magazine so I'm probably really talking about a long shot. Thanks for jumping straight in though.:)

I'd LOVE to play it again though. Used to spend hours on it.
    Are you sure? There's a bunch of different games in that series, here's the one I thought it was.

If it wasn't that, it could have been D-Day: Normandy.

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

And if it wasn't that then I'd wager the game never got released at retail at all. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Was it Spear of Destiny? pretty rubbish game but's very doom like

• Advertisement

Are you sure? There's a bunch of different games in that series, here's the one I thought it was.

If it wasn't that, it could have been D-Day: Normandy.

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

And if it wasn't that then I'd wager the game never got released at retail at all. :o
    It's pretty close so I might actually try and track down that one but I'm sure it's not the one I'm after.

I think you might be right about the retail release:(

KilOit wrote: »
    Was it Spear of Destiny? pretty rubbish game but's very doom like
    No a good bit more advanced than that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

Hidden & Dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Elysian wrote: »
    Hidden & Dangerous?

good times...even with its bugginess

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Surly

Rise of the Triad?

• Advertisement

Surly wrote: »
    Rise of the Triad?
    You absolute bloody legend!!!:):):):)

As soon as I saw 'Rise of the Triad' in your post this wave of nostalgia came over me and for some reason I knew it was the one. To be honest I remembered and forgot to mention that it was particularly violent in so far as it wasn't just bloody but the limbs and heads were left behind.

I checked it up and apparently there was a shareware version released with ten levels which is probably the one I got.

Thanks so much Surly!!!:)

There were Nazi's in Rise Of The Triad? I call shenanigans! :D

There were Nazi's in Rise Of The Triad? I call shenanigans! :D
    Well to be fair I suppose that's a matter of opinion. I don't think they're named as Nazis specifically but this quote sums it up:
    Rise of the Triad was initially, during its early stages of development, meant to serve as the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D, titled Wolfenstein 3D II: Rise of the Triad. The presence of the MP40 sub machinegun and the outfits worn by the enemies allude to Nazi Germany and imply the original aforementioned intent for the development of ROTT.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Nazi themed game and your from the us of germany?
    Keep the volume down if you play this game you may upset the neighbours in Poland.
    Ha ha just a friendly little piss take from our German overlords in the European government:p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Rise of the Triad was an awesome game, and horribly under appreciated. Funny enough, my first thought was Mortyr as well, another under appreciated game. That series really lost its way, played Mortyr 3 a while back and it was simply horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I loved the god mode in that game.

(Apparently actually a mod for doom2, but I can't find a good enough video of the original.)
    I reckon HL2 got the idea of the pulse gun secondary fire from there.

Re: Mortyr - It's always amusing to running while kicking with one foot doesn't slow you down (or even two feet in duke nukem 3d)!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surly wrote: »
    Rise of the Triad?

What a game.

It's a pity. I downloaded the free version and it works up until the start of the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Did you try various compatibility modes?

gog.com have the full thing for $6 which should work with any recent version of windows and it's DRM free. I've seen it on sale too for a bit cheaper.
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rise_of_the_triad__dark_war

Ah so they do. Never thought they'd have it. €6. Nice one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement