Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone up for a Stop Sopa Ireland Protest?

• 29-01-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭

Ages since I had a good protest, ...The Polish are partying it up in the name of internet freedom right now....

It's a serious issue that we can't allow happen on our watch not only that but we'll get a chance to show the poles how you protest it up on a Saturday night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

We're irish, we are a servile race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Yeah I'd love good aul bender around Dublin on the drink.

You organise it and get it started and I'll offer moral support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Couldn't give a fook. There's ways around everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,340 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Domo230 wrote: »
    Wasnt there a protest 2 or 3 days ago

That's not a protest, 100000 people banging drums in O'Connell street is a protest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Freeeeeeeeeeeeedom!!!

/kilt/Mel Gibson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The protest is this weekend no?

Not that anyone will bother their arse...sickening really.

About 300 people outside the Dail the night of the bailout budget, :rolleyes:

I'm letting all the rage build up inside me until I can get my hands on a gun and run amok in the streets of Naas. That'll learn 'em for having shitty parking facilities.

Oh yeah, and the SOPA thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Yeah I'll riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you all know that acta isnt sopa ireland right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I don't believe in anything but I'll go for the violence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Billions to unsecured bondholders, unfair household charges, septic tank charges, VAT increase and loads more... Nobody really says boo

Try to take stop illegal downloading and copyright infringements and theres holy jihad going on

We Irish are a strange bunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Fcuk internet freedom I want political freedom. I propose staging a March on Dublin, I'll seize power on the capital and do away with the failed concept of democracy. Any supporting boardsies can be in my politburo, Mother Ireland shall be glorious again..

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I don't believe in anything but I'll go for the violence.

You nihilist bastard!

Fcuk internet freedom I want political freedom. I propose staging a March on Dublin, I'll seize power on the capital and do away with the failed concept of democracy. Any supporting boardsies can be in my politburo, Mother Ireland shall be glorious again..

Yes mein Fuhrer. I want to be minister of Bouncy Castles.

Sindri wrote: »
    Yes mein Fuhrer. I want to be minister of Bouncy Castles.

As long as those bouncy castles are going to be made in Ireland, We're going to be a self sufficient state. Once I seize power I'll impose a 5 year plan to achieve such an ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Irish people don't protest. We let the government sh1t all over us and whinge about it to each other in the pub or on Joe Duffy. That's why the bankers get away with what they do and the government get away with it too. The country is a sh1thole driven to the dogs by successive self serving bastards for the last 20 years raping the average irish person so they can stay on the gravy train. I love the country but fucking hate the "rulers" and I, for one, am glad of my decision to move to Australia and get the fuck out of that sh1thole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm on for it we need to stop these soaps now, especially Fair City.

Yes Fuhrer. May I also make a suggestion of a racially pure state? A few too many blacks if you ask me.;)

Also I think we should invade a weaker country than us, like Switzerland, the neutral bastards. Then Merkozy will have to listen to our demands, and that's when we hit them with our demands to change the names of the days of the week to swear words in their respective languages.

Oh, and I'd like a position in the military. And we should start a space program.

And we should have a party and invite a load of countries but defo not Germany and then they'll feel left out.
    Yes we'll leave the Krauts out of this as it didn't work too well for them before apparently. We will be tolerant to all Races.
    I was thinking we might invade northwards first and target Iceland and the Faroe Islands, two Fishing stongholds. The EU will not be a problem as we'll will simply withdraw and not answer their phone calls.

The Space programme sounds like a good idea, I propose we put the first man on Mars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

As long as those bouncy castles are going to be made in Ireland, We're going to be a self sufficient state. Once I seize power I'll impose a 5 year plan to achieve such an ideal.
    Bags Young Lady Fishnet Stocking Inspector minister.

Fair play to the Poles for having the gorm to know whats going on and doing something about it. Not many countries would do the same.

When will the glorious revolution (with pillaging and looting) begin Oh Glorious One Who Holds Up The Heavens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

There are already marches organised on facebook. Two of which failed miserabley yesterday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I fully expect ACTA to become law.
    Just look at recent times. The new charges/taxes, cuts, heck even going back to the Nice treaty. It spells out the fate of ACTA within Ireland.

But I do have to laugh tho. None of the above were ever protested. Just a bunch of moans, while this is being 'protested' .... But, of course, only with a click of a mouse.... Hardly some protest.

jay-me wrote: »
    There are already marches organised on facebook. Two of which failed miserabley yesterday..

What did people start stamping on their computers...

:rolleyes:

Course it's going to fail miserably; hard to march from behind a computer.;)

Any way the organisers should of offered free pie to all who showed up, then begad, ye'd have a protest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

What did people start stamping on their computers...

:rolleyes:

Course it's going to fail miserably; hard to march from behind a computer.;)

Any way the organisers should of offered free pie to all who showed up, then begad, ye'd have a protest...

No as in a handful of the over 900 people who said they were going went wearing guy fawkes masks and holding A4 sheets with their well thought out slogans on them :rolleyes: There are pictures from it on the pages made on FB search ACTA if you are interested in seeing.

Although Poland actually went nuts with thousands on the streets with violence for good measure! This country is a joke, but hardly surprising considering we have a history for bending over and taking it up the swiss.. Sure why not, we have to have something to give out about!

jay-me wrote: »
    No as in a handful of the over 900 people who said they were going went wearing guy fawkes masks and holding A4 sheets with their well thought out slogans on them :rolleyes: There are pictures from it on the pages made on FB search ACTA if you are interested in seeing.

Although Poland actually went nuts with thousands on the streets with violence for good measure! This country is a joke, but hardly surprising considering we have a history for bending over and taking it up the swiss.. Sure why not, we have to have something to give out about!

Sounds incredibly lame.

We should blow something up like a statue in Dublin, that'd get people's attention. I'm actually serious. Make a big statement, get attention. Possible threat of violence.Though it may undermine our moral high ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Boycott all the cinemas nationally until the media companies back off. That'll put the wind up the entertainment industry.....

Picket cinemas, ask people to not attend and give them a link to download the film they are just about to watch...
    The media companies would go mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Meh. Just meh

I went on the Irish Ferries march, over one hundred thousand there and it failed

What's a SOPA protest going to do?
    Better off phoning your local TD to get your point across

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Irish people don't protest. We let the government sh1t all over us and whinge about it to each other in the pub or on Joe Duffy. That's why the bankers get away with what they do and the government get away with it too. The country is a sh1thole driven to the dogs by successive self serving bastards for the last 20 years raping the average irish person so they can stay on the gravy train. I love the country but fucking hate the "rulers" and I, for one, am glad of my decision to move to Australia and get the fuck out of that sh1thole.
    Yeah, Gillard is the model of tolerance and liberalism. Enjoy your facism under a boiling sun, my friend. I'll see you in hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

It's today people, let's scream free our, people's, internet!

https://www.facebook.com/events/284626631593223/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭bedrock#1

has to be done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

This Saturday, the 18th of February, at 3:30, there will be a march against ACTA in Cork City.

The march will raise awareness of ACTA and the Irish SOPA, As we all know these laws never seem to make the 6 o' clock news on RTE, and people may never be aware of the news online while they're caught up in their online social bubble.

The march is not going to be a time for rioting like other countries. Simply to make people aware of these laws, and their implications on the internet in Ireland.

The official website is here:

http://thefebruarymarch.com/

You can join the event on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/events/344567718900987/

You can follow @thefebmarch on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/thefebmarch/

I wouldn't expect many Boards users to come to Cork to join the protest. But it would be great to spread the word to everyone, as this march needs all the support it can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Yeah guys, anyone who can spread the word... that would be much appreciated. Especially Twitter followers or sharing the event on your Facebook walls.

V.

Advertisement