Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tic Tacs

Options
  • 29-01-2012 3:14am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭

You get 38 in a standard sized box.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Is this an average, or are there exactly 38 in every box?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I think we should all go out and buy a box each and count them and see. How much would a box set you back nowadays? I used to liv on them when I was small, only the white ones though the green and orange were mouldy :mad:

I remember the ad when I was small... "One tic tac refreshers your breath for two whole hours with ___ calories" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Screw the white ones, the green and orange ones where the business!

You could just buy a multipack and count each in it? I'm too lazy/won't remember to do it

jay phelan wrote: »
    only the white ones though the green and orange were mouldy :mad:
    And have you seen the colour they are now? They look like snot. There's a lot to be said for artificial colouring ****e!
    jay phelan wrote: »
    I remember the ad when I was small... "One tic tac refreshers your breath for two whole hours with ___ calories" :D:D

Two! Less than two calories!

In fairness, for the size of a Tic Tac there wouldn't want to be any more calories than that in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Shield wrote: »
    You get 38 in a standard sized box.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Oh you must have been really bored.... :D. does that mean that there's 19 orange ones and 19 green ones (there's a bit of homework for you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Ooh I love the orange ones.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone remember the minty green ones? I used to love them, but they just disappeared off the face of the earth.

Some of the american candy sites have wintergreen favour, would that be them I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They make them in a factory near me,

I love the smell of orange tic tacs in the morning :D

They make them in a factory near me,

I love the smell of orange tic tacs in the morning :D
    We were brought to the Tic Tac factory on a school trip in primary school. I still remember the big huge vats filled with millions of them. They only gave us like one box each when we were leaving :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Is this an average, or are there exactly 38 in every box?
    Well each box has to weigh the same, so I'd imagine it would be 38 in each one.
    deelite wrote: »
    Oh you must have been really bored.... :D. does that mean that there's 19 orange ones and 19 green ones (there's a bit of homework for you)
    Waiting for hours in court reduces a man to counting tic tacs for something quiet to do. It's also a challenge to get them to move v-e-r-y quietly so you won't be heard. Minutes of elation guaranteed.

I've never bought the orange and green ones, so I'll lob that back at you. I've done my part for fans of white tic tacs, so step up and take the challenge!

• Advertisement

Shield wrote:
    Well each box has to weigh the same, so I'd imagine it would be 38 in each one.
    But I'd imagine the difference between say 38 and 39 Tic Tacs would be negligible enough. I'm now curious as to the consistency between boxes. You should make this more scientific OP and count at least four more boxes. Then get an average of the five. Counting a single box is not enough really for a true reflection of Tic Tac tub content quantities.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I won't be happy until I see a Cochrane Review and Powerpoint presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Battleflag wrote: »
    Screw the white ones, the green and orange ones where the business!

I hear ya, used to love the orange and lime ones before they screwed up the mixture with modern additives. There was nothing like sitting in front of the telly and emptying a whole box into your mouth and letting them stew. You had to be careful though not to talk, breathe through your mouth or open it in anyway. And of course the big no no, which I found out the hard way, is never, never NEVER sneeze with a box of tic tacs in your mouth.

Advertisement