Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed with translation

• 29-01-2012 6:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Can someone translate this for me? I get the literal translation but obviously it's not right.
    Merci beaucoup.

Je suis l'as qui pique ton coeur et qui te laisse sur le carreau ....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Can someone translate this for me? I get the literal translation but obviously it's not right.
    Merci beaucoup.

Je suis l'as qui pique ton coeur et qui te laisse sur le carreau ....

it's a play on words to do with card suits. I'm pretty sure it's a lyric in a song by MC Solar?

it more or less says: "i am this Ace that steals your heart and leaves you on the floor"

carreau is diamonds in card suits, and laisser quelqu'un sur le carreau means to floor someone (the play on words for the 2nd part doesn't work so well in english

you could say: i am this Ace that steals your heart and leaves you clubbed to the floor"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Pretty good translation/explaining indeed.
    "Laisser quelqu'un sur le carreau" also means to abandon someone in a difficult situation.

Valerie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭franc 91

pique here is being used to mean to steal but as mentioned above, he's playing around with words - pique is also the name of a suit in a pack of cards - spades

Advertisement