Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loud Neighbours, need good prank.

• 29-01-2012 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

I live in an apartment block, where I can currently hear Wonderwall, ironically, blaring through the wall at 7am....

Need a good prank to sort these annoying fcukers.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭ronanphilip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Tune

jeez , at least they have a fairly good good taste in music, have you tried approaching them and asking politely if they will shut the f**k up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This followed by a random selsection of nursery rhymes in a foreign language. Two or three on continuous loop.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Start a Caribbean reggae festival in your house and have some Rasta playing the steel-pan all night long. It'll really piss 'em of.

Or alternatively, you could be a batty boy and just ask them to turn it down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I live in an apartment block, where I can currently hear Wonderwall, ironically, blaring through the wall at 7am....

Need a good prank to sort these annoying fcukers.

Any suggestions?

I'm listening to Oasis i wonder if its me....

bang on the wall..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Retaliate with some Blur..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Burn down the apartment block, that will show them

• Registered Users Posts: 48 drewbedo

wonderwall is the song that anyone with two thumbs can play on the guitar.. and so you will probably hear it repeatedly..
    hate that song. seriously over played and overrated and got ruined by piss heads being drunk or stones thinking they were jimmy hendrix on a guitar cause they could play a song..
    what i would advise to do is.. start blasting a load of really cheesy crappy dance songs at about 10.00am cause the bunch of meffs will of gone to bed to try and sleep off their hangovers...
    make it torture for them..
    HAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Are these neighbours on the same floor in a unit adjacent to yours?

Do you have common walls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Wonderwall at 7 on a Sunday morning.

I don't believe that anybody
    Feels the way I do, about you now

You sure you didint miss a golden hole opportunity?

Of cousre, she coulda just banged on the wall and said "are ya roidin' or what" but we do love to fúck with yer heads! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Knock on their door and

Blast em with piss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Amalgam wrote: »
    Retaliate with some Blur..

'Country House' might do the trick 'cos that's the song wot won top slot in the amazing Blur/Oasis battle of nineteen hundred and ninety five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

When I hear my neighbours having loud sex I blast Ave Maria really loudly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

leave a pyro pastie outside their door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

have their parents killed by a farmer and then feed them chili made from their meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

Either ask them politely to keep the music down, or whenever they start playing music you start playing this even louder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ&ob=av2e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Change your router SSID to a 'funny wireless network name'. Eg. Yer man in flat 55 ejaculates prematurely, 25 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Place your stereo speakers against the offending neighbours wall & play "Barbie Girl" from Aqua on a continuous loop. Then go out for the day. :D

I guarantee they'll get the message really quickly. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Throw a lump of **** at their window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

why retaliate? just have a word with them, explain to them that it is unacceptable to play loud music at 7am..

if you retaliate, the neighbours will simply turn their music up to drown yours out and then your going to start annoying other people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think if apartments were built right you shouldn't be able to hear people's music or them having sex through the wall (unless you've drilled a glory hole).
    Is there any regulation at all for noise insulation in apartments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

tricky D wrote: »
    Change your router SSID to a 'funny wireless network name'. Eg. Yer man in flat 55 ejaculates prematurely, 25 seconds.

Best one I have seen (which is not on that list) is Pretty fly for a WiFi. [/offtopic]

OP I have music editing software, if you want me to, I will create a 60 minute loop of the same four bars of the most annoying song you can think of for you to download.

Burn it to CD, wait until tomorrow morning at 7am and throw it on the stereo at 11.

*edit actually what would make it even more annoying is if it wasn't a perfect four bar loop. Maybe three and a half bars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

CamperMan wrote: »
    why retaliate? just have a word with them, explain to them that it is unacceptable to play loud music at 7am..
    Not even that it's unacceptable... they mightn't know it's loud enough to penetrate the wall. You could probably ask them to come in to your apartment and listen. If it was me, I wouldn't mind tweaking the volume and finding out what the right volume level is.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

I'm on a rickety bus ... thought thread title was "loud neighbours, need good w.nk" . Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Pissmire

Knock on their door and Blast em with piss

Wow, brilliant, that's just about the most original thing I've seen on AH. Did you come up with that? You should copyright that or every TWAT on AH will be using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

drewbedo wrote: »
    wonderwall is the song that anyone with two thumbs can play on the guitar.. and so you will probably hear it repeatedly..
    hate that song. seriously over played and overrated and got ruined by piss heads being drunk or stones thinking they were jimmy hendrix on a guitar cause they could play a song..

lol, calm down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Pissmire wrote: »
    Wow, brilliant, that's just about the most original thing I've seen on AH. Did you come up with that? You should copyright that or every TWAT on AH will be using it.

that was the joke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Play "The Late Late Show" at full volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Just blast out Don't look back in Anger, you can share your unequivocal love of Oasis with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Burn down the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

sheesh wrote: »
    that was the joke!

Haha, your username is apt
    Burn down the building.

It would solve the problem, albeit a little unreasonable. A happy medium would just be burning down their apartment, no need to kill the other, polite neighbors

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

They're probably trying to piss off the neighbour on the other side of them, who could have had them up all night listening to bollox. That's what I do, next morning when they've decided they've had enough & wanna lie down...that's when you can deprive THEM of sleep ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Had noisy neighbours beside by gf house.

Used drum machine, small amp and left it playing pushed up against there wall for a long weekend..... Didn't solve the issue but it really piss them off.

We moved afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

jeez , at least they have a fairly good good taste in music

sometimes over here satire is damn hard to detect

yes wonderwall is ironic op, have you voiced your disdain prior? jaysus I'd hate to have neighbours under 35?! sounds like chindies..

tell em you'd prefer the stone roses even; at least they disowned the concept of britain instead of draping emselves in union flag every opportunity. whilst claiming 'irish' at that - tell em the blocks full of republicans n they have his number.

/prank? a brush n paint; the door. 3 vertical lines parallel to each other. "Chindie lives ere"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

tumblr_ld89kyTYz41qa4gat.jpg + grocery-bag-2-350x311.jpg + zippo_lighter.jpg = sleep_drooling1.jpg

Advertisement