Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chi - Westside

Options
  • 29-01-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if what people think of the food from the new Chi take-away at Westside please?
    There menu looks great and I like the food in Ta Dang so have my fingers crossed that it is yummy!

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Haven't tried them. But here is a link to their menu:
    http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-chiasiantakeaway/menu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Another new Chinese! 'Rose Garden' has opened beside Dunnes in Westside too, is Chi somewhere beside Aldi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Its actually behind the Dunnes, walk up beside westside tavern and its in the Units to the right.

Went there on the day it opened, the food was good and fresher and more interesting than standard takeaway chinese, they messed up the order but being the first day that was to be expected. I actually thought it was nicer than the food I've got from Da Tang before.

ps annoyingly rice doesn't seem to be included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A neighbour got food the other night. Food was tasty, but after an hour waiting for delivery he went to collect it. Teething problems that's all I'd say. In a really out of the way location, so I hope they get the volume of delivery business. Their menu looks different and interesting, though the 'wood ear fungus' dish or whatever it is, could have perhaps been named a little more creatively!:p Still. We'll try it I suppose:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Aww me so hungry, me might try, $5 $5:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks for the replies; will deffo be trying it out soon. The menu does sound lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Does anyone know if Chi is open today?

I placed an order with them on Just Eat an hour ago and they rang to say they were cancelling my order as they can't get through to the restaurant.

I tried ringing Chi myself, and no answer either.

Are they closed Mondays?

Was really looking forward to trying them and all too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Was really looking forward to trying this place last weekend and decided to treat myself after a long hard day at work. Got there at 6.20, place was packed so grabbed menus and went back in and ordered and paid for takeaway at 6.30pm.

Several people ordered after us and were served and left before us. I went back in after 10/15mins. Told not ready yet. Tried again 10 mins later. Not ready. My OH went back in after 30mins waiting.

15mins after he went in (this is 45mins waiting now, very hungry and tired) I went in after him to see what the story was. He was standing at counter. I asked would it be long and was told "not long now...we're very busy..."

So went back to wait in car while OH remained waiting inside. 10mins later, I go back in (very irritated at this stage, waiting 55mins!)
    I asked the lady behind counter what's the story as we've been waiting so very long (very very hungry and tired at this stage) and she says "should be ready soon, the chefs up to his eyes so I won't say anything to him now"

I'm pretty p!$$ed off at this stage so back to car. 5mins later, OH storms into car with no food. After he asked her for the 3rd time to check on order...a full hour later...she "realises" that the docket is on the counter in front of her and she never actually put it through!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

OOH YOU PLONKER

6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Just ordered for delivery there, (seems to be a much better idea considering previous poster's comments!) arrived in 45mins which is good for any delivery.

I got pad thai and beef brisket soup, boyfriend had duck and fried rice.

Really nice, really fresh food. The soup was exceptionally good, almost a meal in itself and clearly made with bone stock, not a stock cube.

A word of warning the pad thai is 'proper' pad thai as in spicy as all hell, brilliant for a cold I'd imagine!

So glad this place has opened up, I was 'meh' about da tang but this is much nicer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 maura mae

Anyone else try chi? Love asian food. Dying to try the pad thai. Is it as good as the asian tea house pad thai? What else would ye recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

I like it. I have had three meals there so far. It is not a standard chinese takeaway you will be waiting 10-15 minutes either way. Its not fast food. I think Friday evenings may get fairly frantic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Myself and my cousin called in earlier, I ordered the Thai Pad and she (the cousin) ordered the Red curry.
    Girl behind the counter (who by the way I thought was very pretty..hehee!) said the food would be 30mins. We said sound and off we went. We got back half an hour later and the girl had literally just placed our food in a bag. She said (as she smiled, bloody nice smile it was too!) "well that was well timed!"
    Have to say I was happy with the food, cousin was happy with hers too.
    Thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

We ordered from there 3 times, I had the Ajam Pangang, chicken fillet with satay sauce (not with Pangang sauce like I expected which is more like a sweet/tomato kind of sauce). But it was very nice nonetheless. They use a good amount of chilli which I love. We also had something else, can't remember what.

I'm glad there's more non-standard Asian takeaways appearing now. I got sick of the usual Chinese dishes, that's why we ordered there so much.

Chi do charge for rice though, even plain rice. But you get a big portion. And they don't do free prawn crackers :)

By the way, we just received a flyer for another new nonstandard Asian place as well, I forgot the name. It was Thai but the prices were pretty high so we haven't ordered there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 maura mae

Sounds really yummy, and the prices seem great!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

Finally got to try Chi.

Ordered Lemongrass Chilli Chicken & Pad Thai

Food was tasty. Fresh, good quality ingredients. Don't think there was MSG in it.

Will try again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's the scéal with all these chinese restaurants in westside in the past two years? Are tastebuds changing?

snubbleste wrote: »
    What's the scéal with all these chinese restaurants in westside in the past two years? Are tastebuds changing?

Puts me in mind of someone who once played leisureland
    Laughing and crying you know it's a fact
    They're not laughing they are crying
    'Cause they won't be back
    Oh no you don't come back
    Not from chinatown
    Man, you don't stand a chance if you go down in chinatown
    Man, you don't stand a chance if you go down in chinatown

Chinatown, it's a different scene
    There are people there, they are so obscene
    If you see what I mean
    Then they've sold you the dream
    Down in chinatown
    What goes up it must come down

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SophieRogan

Ordered from Chi this evening. Loved it! I study Chinese in college in Dublin and our class often goes to authentic chinese restaurants with our teachers. Not your usual chinese takeaway, the real deal! I hadn't found any real asian food in Galway till now... thumbs up from me, Chi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Chi and Da Tang are the same owners.

One thing I love about Chi is that the kitchen is on open view. You get to see the chefs preparing the food. Also the kitchen always looks immaculately scrubbed and there is a "place for everything and everything in its place" feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

love asian food but if it has anything to do with da tang noodle i wont be going

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

love asian food but if it has anything to do with da tang noodle i wont be going

Have you had another bad experience or is this to do with that website voucher debacle?

Advertisement