Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin 1 a good place for non europeans to stay?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 navsat

Navsat you trolling or what? You ask for advice you got advice it's up to you if you want to take it or not.

No no I think if more people on streets it will be safer. Can I go to city center whole day from rathmines? is bus connection good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

No i'm not, I have encountered annoying Roma Beggers but they are not nearly as aggresive as the Irish junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

navsat wrote: »
    is there much people always on talbot street, o connell street 24/7?

Have a look here at the Dublin Cultural Institute's web cam its live
    (www.dublinci.com/webcam.php) 24/7 web of Dublin's O'Connell Street, also a phone shop in Talbot Street have 4 (http://www.nci.ie/ispy/

k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Most, not all. Dogmatic self-loathing is just as much a form of racism as xenophobia. The location of methadone clinics in Dublin 1 draws them to the city centre, causing criminality problems, but junkies aren't the sole cause of criminality in Dublin 1, nor are Irish people. Consider, for example, the nationality/ethnicity of the aggressive beggars and scammers in Dublin 1.

Nothing to do with self loathing, Its just we have a big scumbag problem and ours are generally worse than the foreigners, whom tend to stick to themselves anyway, I live in a dodgy area and about half the neighbourhood is foreign and its our own who fight, break into cars and assault people. The house next door is full of Muslims, best neighbours here.

But yea I see your point about the begging and scamming, I wouldn't be too familiar with them though but in general I do feel a lot safer if I'm walking home and encounter a group of Africans/Poles or Muslims then a group of our finest sipping on cans and asking for fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

navsat wrote: »
    No no I think if more people on streets it will be safer. Can I go to city center whole day from rathmines? is bus connection good?
    From Rathmines it's a 15 minute walk to the City Centre, or you can take a bus. Rathmines and the general Dublin 8 area is a pretty good place to live. Close to the city so you can walk in, but just far enough away from the hustle & bustle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 navsat

p wrote: »
    From Rathmines it's a 15 minute walk to the City Centre, or you can take a bus. Rathmines and the general Dublin 8 area is a pretty good place to live. Close to the city so you can walk in, but just far enough away from the hustle & bustle.

GPS says 49 minutes from rathmines to connolly station if walking. To temple bar area 33 minutes.

it feels very far away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did you ever consider getting a bike? It's a handy way to beat traffic jams.

And we were talking about that old issue again? Who has the worst sc**bags? For me, a sc**bag is a sc**bag, never mind, which nationality or origin. But from all those, who assaulted or annoyed me so far, aprox. 95% were Irish :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement