Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lombard Street car window washers

Options
  • 29-01-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

I would advise all not to give any money to the couple of Roma gypsy lads at the traffic lights on Lombard st/outside tower hotel offering to clean windscreens. I work down there and I see that they arent very brave when a man clearly signals to them to not touch their car, however they often continue to attempt to wash the windscreens of women alone in their car. During the week, i saw a woman clearly wave no to him and he continued anyway. this is intimidation and should not be supported unless we want them to start this stuff at all the traffic lights

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Max Powers wrote: »
    I would advise all not to give any money

I agree. If they get no money they'll be gone fairly soon, unless they are really particular about the condition of Waterford's windscreens.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

i just tells them to fcuk off, and they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Turn on the windscreen wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bet that was me, i was at the top of the queue and this guy with his hood up starts pouring water from a bottle on my windscreen. He wouldnt take no for an answer, so i held up my phone and took a photo of him, he scarpered...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I was there one day last week just outside the tower and one these fellas arrives up to me. I told him no but he started to pour water on my window anyway, so just as he was leaning over to wipe it off my window I turned on my window washer and soaked him, just then the lights went green and he was still in front of me stunned at what happened so I just drove at him till he moved! Fcuk him:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Also, be wary that sometimes the cleaner they use can damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

i just tells them to fcuk off, and they do.

Billy, beautifully put, so succinct, but im guessing you are a male and as i said, they generally are doing this to women so remind all the ladies in your life not to be intimadated by this $hit, I like that one with the taking the cameraphone picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Max Powers wrote: »
    Billy, beautifully put, so succinct, but im guessing you are a male and as i said, they generally are doing this to women so remind all the ladies in your life not to be intimadated by this $hit, I like that one with the taking the cameraphone picture.

ya have a point there, women seem to be their main target,
    i bet they wouldn't do it to my lack, she would kick him all over the street,
    i should know :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I remember coming across a man with gold teeth washing windscreens down by Poleberry a few years ago.

Id say he's doing very well for himself now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

twould be more in their line to be washing themselves rather than washing cars

• Advertisement
Advertisement