Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO

• 29-01-2012 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I have registered for the C.A.O but just wondering do I need to fill it out before the 1st or can i wait till it re-opens after my leaving cert and fill it out then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If you're applying for a restricted course (medicine, anything you need to do an interview or portfolio for, etc) they have to be down before the first closing date. For any other course, as long as you've registered and have access to the form you can put them down when it reopens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

When is the first closing date for selecting the courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

baz2009 wrote: »
    When is the first closing date for selecting the courses?

Copied across from the CAO website:

Normal Application
    (online or paper) €40 1 Feb 2012 (17:15)
    Online Discounted Rate €30 20 Jan 2012 (17:15)
    Late online application €60 1 May 2012 (17:15)
    Late paper application €80 1 May 2012 (17:15)
    Change of Mind Nil 1 July 2012 (17:15)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

No, I meant like actually picking what courses I want to do.
    I've already filled out the form to get my CAO number and all that, but I haven't put down any college courses yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

baz2009 wrote: »
    No, I meant like actually picking what courses I want to do.
    I've already filled out the form to get my CAO number and all that, but I haven't put down any college courses yet.

5:15pm on Wednesday, you do get oppertunities later though to change you mind on your courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 AOIFE15

I've already filled out my CAO but if I decide to make changes they save automatically to the cao applications office don't they?

Advertisement