Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classifieds Website Review

• 29-01-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, have a new website launched in the past month.

www.swellseekers.ie

Any feedback on the usability and look of the website would be appreciated.:D
    Also any ideas on any categories we may have missed out on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Logo is too busy. I'd cut down on one or two colours (the 2 inside and outside of the yellow), remove the white drop shadow and remove the effect on the text making it flat and black.

The video has an ad trailer, it shouldn't. Video would be better at around 2 minutes long, attention span thing. It's very pretty and fancy, but not much use as it barely relates to your business, which is selling watersports gear which barely appears in the vid. What would potential customers think of it?

For the categories tab: Website Categories New Listings Most Popular Random, the options could be more obvious by using some background colour differentiation.

The background image is over half a MB which is way too big.

Where is your postal address and your Registered Business Number? You need this for trust, without that usability won't matter much.

No proper 404 page.

Your pages have 2 title tags, should only have one.

gotta go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

jimmay! wrote: »
    Hi, have a new website launched in the past month.

www.swellseekers.ie

Any feedback on the usability and look of the website would be appreciated.:D
    Also any ideas on any categories we may have missed out on

Too much going on on the page, good foundation but I would simplify it.

I think it could look really well with a light blue background, maybe a sea background or a skyscape.

Advertisement