Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 47LV355U sound

• 29-01-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am totally ignorant, so please be gentle with me!

I bought a LG 47LV355U TV for Christmas. Love the telly but the sound is DIRE.

I am prepared to invest in a sound system. the telly has a digital audio optical out port plus all the usual red yellow etc ports. I have a SKY + HD box attached via HDMI. Most other stuff I watch via the USB port on the telly. Rarely use the separate DVD player now.

What can I do to improve the sound for a resonable price?

many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

I am in the same boat with the same TV. Sound is indeed lacking although the same can be said for most TVs in that bracket.

I've been researching for a while and the range of opportunities is huge so its difficult for anyone to simply answer this without a guideline.

I'd say you should first think about what you want, what you can do and what a "reasonable price" is.

you should consider questions like:
    - Is the room big/small?
    - Can you put in surround sound (bearing in mind chasing cables)?
    - Do you want it to be scaleable (i.e. going for separates instead of many packages on the market)?
    - Additional features (eg networking)
    - Budget?!

At the end of the day, your budget will dictate and I'm sure most here will give you a figure higher than you want to hear. Think about how much you can stomach spending and that will be a good start.

Good luck - and I will be following for any guidance offered by better experienced people than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

thanks JamesM

so I went back to the shop where they kindly explanied that these new skinny LED tv's have really no room for speakers, thus the ones in the telly you get are tiny and tinny. He said all I needed was a wee sound system to hook up to the headphone-out socket on the TV. That way I can use the TV remote to raise or lower the sound.

I found the following on Amazon UK. Perfect fix for less than €40.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-SL-8209-SBK-Vivo-Subwoofer-System/dp/B002VV9NZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327959590&sr=8-1

Will let you know if I have any further problems or troubles. The picture on the TV is the best I have ever seen, and now I'll have a decent sound to match.

thanks again,
    T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

If you are looking for simplicity a sound bar might work also!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dohc95coupe

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    I found the following on Amazon UK. Perfect fix for less than €40.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedlink-SL-8209-SBK-Vivo-Subwoofer-System/dp/B002VV9NZO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327959590&sr=8-1

Will let you know if I have any further problems or troubles. The picture on the TV is the best I have ever seen, and now I'll have a decent sound to match.

thanks again,
    T
    did you buy this and if so what did you think of it

• Advertisement
Advertisement