Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastwood Bar in Doughiska open or .... ??

Options
  • 29-01-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the Eastwood Bar in Doughiska open or .... ??
    And if it is open - when is it actually open :confused:

I've tried the door a handfull of times during various days/hours but is was never open - however they have signs with "Bar OPEN" ....

Cheers,
    Stone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Stone wrote: »
    Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the Eastwood Bar in Doughiska open or .... ??
    And if it is open - when is it actually open :confused:

I've tried the door a handfull of times during various days/hours but is was never open - however they have signs with "Bar OPEN" ....

Cheers,
    Stone

Fair play to ya you must have dosh if you're able to aford to drink in a pub these days - Did ya win the lotto? :D You seem to have moolah and time on your hands so I reckon its a fair inference - Hypothesis proved! QED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

scholar007 wrote: »
    Fair play to ya you must have dosh if you're able to aford to drink in a pub these days - Did ya win the lotto? :D You seem to have moolah and time on your hands so I reckon its a fair inference - Hypothesis proved! QED

How is that helpful at all? :confused:

The last time I saw this pub open was on a saturday afternoon a few months ago. I thought it had closed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

it was open at half eight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

eagle10 wrote: »

What's it like in there? Whereabouts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

s_carnage wrote: »
    eagle10 wrote: »

What's it like in there? Whereabouts is it?

not a clue was nevrer in it, I just drove by it and noticed the lights were on.

Its between the racing lodge and place where nct centre is another es tr ate there just off the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

the locals would be mainly from the hardstand across the road, nice place !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

the locals would be mainly from the hardstand across the road, nice place !

bulls**t, i've been in there numerous times and these certain "locals" you mention haven't been there, maybe it's just when you go in they're there, or have you ever been in it???

i doubt you have

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

If I wasn't how would I know then?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

scholar007 wrote: »

there is no pub in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Eastwoods is open every evening, around 6. Very nice pint of Guinness, Lager is very good as well. Only a small place but is very homely.I have been in there many a night and never have i heard a bad word in there.A bigger TV screen is needed but other than that perfect for a local Bar.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

GOODME wrote: »
    there is no pub in the area

I suppose the bars in the clayton and the merlin don't count.

not forgetting Bodkins and The Lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

not forgetting Bodkins and The Lantern

ERR Forget the Lantern..:rolleyes:

true true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fissureseal

Hi wondering what kind of a place doughiska is ?? Am thinking of setting up a business in the medical field in the area , large population there but doesnt seem to have a great reputation when i speak to other galway folk bout the area , are they right ????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

Hi wondering what kind of a place doughiska is ?? Am thinking of setting up a business in the medical field in the area , large population there but doesnt seem to have a great reputation when i speak to other galway folk bout the area , are they right ????

Ballybane is much worse, I was using no.3 bus for a while and I've never seen such characters in Doughiska like Castlepark Rd, 80% looked like going to rehab. ... what kind of business in medical field you are thinking about? Pharmacy? There is one and it seems to be enough. Someone should open here a big shop like Boots or a petrol station!!

ps: I am thinking about buying a house and if I do it is going to be Doughiska -it can't be such a bad place I wouldn't even think about it if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fissureseal

surime wrote: »

Ballybane is much worse, I was using no.3 bus for a while and I've never seen such characters in Doughiska like Castlepark Rd, 80% looked like going to rehab. ... what kind of business in medical field you are thinking about? Pharmacy? There is one and it seems to be enough. Someone should open here a big shop like Boots or a petrol station!!

ps: I am thinking about buying a house and if I do it is going to be Doughiska -it can't be such a bad place I wouldn't even think about it if it was.

Thanks , Thinking of a dental surgery , some lovely estates there alright , shame that some of the others weren't finished properly tho. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

There isn't a dentist in the area Doughiska/Roscam. I would say without official census numbers that there is a huge foreign population in the area mostly east europeans who usually go to their countries when needing a dentist as it is cheaper than here in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

lucianot wrote: »
    There isn't a dentist in the area Doughiska/Roscam. I would say without official census numbers that there is a huge foreign population in the area mostly east europeans who usually go to their countries when needing a dentist as it is cheaper than here in Ireland.

I am polish and if I need I dont always go to Poland to fix my teeth, it's nice to have a dental surgery close by, because it is hard to travel after this torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Doughiska is grand. Have lived there for seven years and no real complaints apart from the ludicrously poor "cycle paths".

I don't think the comment on the huge foreign population is as accurate as it used to be. A lot left after things really started to go badly- certainly in my estate anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I didn't say that every single polish person goes to Poland to a dentist but that it is a common practice. I even go to the dentist in Argentina when I go home ;)
    It's just one factor, there is no dentist so there is a market but make prices right and you'll have a great market!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Secondary school to open next year with lots of customers from accidents alone. Doughiska and nearby Roscam have a large population, are quiet compared to Ballybane, and nobody wants to go to the City Centre with the cost of parking and traffic hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr_A wrote: »
    I don't think the comment on the huge foreign population is as accurate as it used to be. A lot left after things really started to go badly- certainly in my estate anyway.

True. Also, a lot of Irish started to move in after Dunnes Stores opened (I kid you not, at least in one estate where a friend of mine lives).

OP, don't only look at that area, also consider the competition, and population, in Oranmore. That said, Doughiska/Roscam alone is bigger than many small towns.

Also,think about the people working shifts up in Parkmore: some of them would probably be keen to have a dentist in the area who had appointments available after work.

And anything you've heard about it being a bad area is no longer true, if it ever was. Yes there are some rough estates, one of which gets a lot of garda attention. But even that has a lot of very ordinary working people living there. And there are lots of other estates too, including one that has a lot of guards living in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The Eastwood used to be my local when I lived in Ballybrit.

Grand pub it was too.

Glad to hear its still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OPs question answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement