Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain the TR1 form

Options
  • 29-01-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Can some one please help me or advise on the TR1 form I am registering my shop and I have been advised to complete the TR1 form but I cant find info on how to fill it out or what it is all I can find is www.revenue.ie and it just says this is the for you use to register your company if any one can explain the form and what it dose I would be very greatful

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

The TR1 registers you for income tax with the Revenue Commissioners, it also register you as an employer (if you're going to have employees) and for VAT if you're sales will be over the relevant threshold (circa75K).

If you're setting up a business, you should have an accountant advising you on all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

What if I know I will not exceed the threshold do I still need to fill one out ...i will not be employing anyone either

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

You still need to register for income tax

Which is part of the tr1 form correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Conmc88 wrote: »
    Which is part of the tr1 form correct

Having read the form, what do you think?

Factors to be considered are whether the business is a sole trader or partnership (not a company)

Whether you need or want to register for vat

Whether there are going to be employees and therefore paye registration or not

• Advertisement

Thats excellent mate thank you im just new to all this

Advertisement