Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Joomla

Options
  • 29-01-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi guys,

I have two .ie domain names with Blacknight and have recently subscribed to minimus package with the aim of building a Joomla site with Wordpress subdomain.

The domain name in question is pointed at different name servers as I have been hosting else where. I wanted to use blacknight but this was not possible with the very customised flash template my site is based on. ( also they didnt exactly want to help me move to blacknight )

So now, in the blacknight cp, the domain name is in sync and enabled. I have Joomla installed with a green tick. When I attempt to login in to the Joomla web based cp I get a 404 error. I am assuming this is because my name servers are pointing elsewhere. If this is correct, is it possible for me to build the new site whilst the old one is still live?

If necessary I will close the old site first but would rather not if I can avoid this.

I thank you for any response,
    Regards.

Comments

Advertisement