Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So.. he's not fighting the traveller then?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Joseph Duffy absolutely smashed his opponent in the UFC premlims
    http://balls.ie/news/47503-joseph-duffy-tko/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Conor heeling it up:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having so, so much fun following McGregor vs Aldo....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That press conference in Dublin was so incredibly cringeworthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

That press conference in Dublin was so incredibly cringeworthy.

That is being kind. At least the pay-off of seeing McGregor get his ass kicked will be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've been team anti-Conor for a while but this time there might be a load of us. Your typical Joe.ie-junky-readers slagging off Aldo's appearance fairly solidified that seemingly. The whole Conor thing feels very phoney in all honesty.

Forget all the Bad For The Sport talk this week. Conor has a great laugh here:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wtf is going on with Jon Jones now?
    First those weird initial reports.
    Now its a hit and run is it with a pregnant woman involved????

• Advertisement

UFC announced that it has suspended Jon Jones indefinitely and stripped him of the light heavyweight title as a result of violations of the organization’s Athlete Code of Conduct Policy. Jones was recently arrested in Albuquerque, N.M. on a felony charge of leaving the scene of an accident involving personal injury. As a result of the charge and other violations of the Athlete Code of Conduct Policy, the organization believes it is best to allow Jones time to focus on his pending legal matters.

UFC feels strongly that its athletes must uphold certain standards both in and out of the Octagon. While there is disappointment in the recent charges, the organization remains supportive of Jones as he works through the legal process.

With this decision, UFC has determined that No. 1 contender Anthony Johnson will now fight No. 3 contender Daniel Cormier for the UFC light heavyweight championship at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas.

Shocked at this tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Cormier vs Johnson

DC is fav to win but I got Johnson! Anybody else?

Oh thank god. I thought with the bump the Middleweight or Light Heavyweight title fights were off from this weekends card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone here going to the fight in July?

Did the rounds earlier in the week but I am just catching up. This trailer is awesome:

51 year old Ken Shamrock ahead of his fight with Kimbo Slice:
    CHB-IcuUgAA8r8B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Nice to see ken is living a clean and healthy life style, must be taking his vitamins daily and eating his veg......

For a guy nicknamed Cardio Cain he fair tired after about two minutes for a pace he was setting..... Could be a lot of reasons for that none of which Velasquez comes out of looking good; two year break or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

The video packages for McGregor Vs Aldo are brilliant. Some of the best UFC have put out. I really hope Conor takes it because if he doesn't he becomes the joke of the fight world.

• Advertisement

The video packages for McGregor Vs Aldo are brilliant. Some of the best UFC have put out. I really hope Conor takes it because if he doesn't he becomes the joke of the fight world.

Not really, Aldo is a phenomenal fighter. He's has an unbeated 25-0 record at FW, his sole loss coming at LW almost 10 years ago.
    This fight is by no means a gimme, and being the 2nd best fighter in the world, behind the P4P greatest is hardly a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

In the eyes of the casual viewer he does become a joke. If you haven't been following UFC/MMA or know as much as you or I would and you just turn on to see McGregor or other big names, you look at him as a bit of a gobs#ite if after so much talk he doesn't deliver.

I'll throw a few quid on McGregor to win it, but part of me is curious to hear him if he loses. Is the Ken Shamrock fight happening this Saturday? I seem to remember June 20th somehow.

In the eyes of the casual viewer he does become a joke. If you haven't been following UFC/MMA or know as much as you or I would and you just turn on to see McGregor or other big names, you look at him as a bit of a gobs#ite if after so much talk he doesn't deliver.
    meh, I don't think anyone should worry about the opinions of people who don't know much about MMA/UFC.
    I'll throw a few quid on McGregor to win it, but part of me is curious to hear him if he loses. Is the Ken Shamrock fight happening this Saturday? I seem to remember June 20th somehow.

I think it's this Friday

I think I'll probably watch that out of curiosity, to see what he's like at this hour of his life. I loved him when I was younger. I always thought he should have beaten Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Aldo is a special fighter. Mendes has lost twice and his stock hasn't fallen at all. If Conor can last with Aldo into the third round then my opinion of him as a fighter will sky rocket

JJayoo wrote: »
    Aldo is a special fighter. Mendes has lost twice and his stock hasn't fallen at all. If Conor can last with Aldo into the third round then my opinion of him as a fighter will sky rocket
    ^This 100%

There's plenty of examples were a fighter lost a close fight, but the performance earned his more credit with doubters than an of his wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So if Conor wins who do you think his next opponent will be?

So if Conor loses who do you think his next opponent will be?

Is Mendes the answer to both questions?

Conor wins and he fights Edgar in Etihad Stadium, Melbourne in November.
    If he loses he fights Swanson or Lamas in the O2, Dublin in October

• Advertisement

When will CM Punk fight?

Advertisement