Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

When will CM Punk fight?

I think the last guess I read was late this year maybe. UFC are currently lobbying to get licenced in New York so maybe when/if that happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Ageyev wrote: »
    I think the last guess I read was late this year maybe. UFC are currently lobbying to get licenced in New York so maybe when/if that happens.
    I don't know much about licensing for UFC, but are they not licensed in many states?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

rovert wrote: »

It really looked like it was tbh.

• Advertisement

Normally I discourage that talk but yeah Kimbo made a Pro Wrestling style comeback breaking out of a Rear Naked Choke will you a wrestler would on a Full Nelsen and then made his comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It really looked like Ken Shamrock was about to win the thing and then Kimbo just.....won it? I have to drive to Dublin with this distress on my mind now, how Ken isn't as dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Shamrocks age was his downfall. And his lack of a chin. Also, an RNC with your hand on a guys forehead is a bad idea from the start, never mind trying to choke out, essentially, a horse named Kimbo

Attn: Pro Wrestling fans

Legit choke or rest hold?

vnqjWoe.gif

rovert wrote: »
    Attn: Pro Wrestling fans

Legit choke or rest hold?

Very bad Rear Naked Choke, so neither

Bad hand positioning, weak effort. See below for an actual RNC

rear-naked-choke-5.jpg

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    Very bad Rear Naked Choke, so neither

Bad hand positioning, weak effort. See below for an actual RNC
    That's the point. It really didn't look like there was an actual attempt to finish it. Ken knows how to do a RNC.
    That combined, with the fact that Kimbo is not defending there at all, and wasn't defending for about 10 seconds. There's really no way not to finish it there.

Shamrock changed his style to get away from the ground game years ago in fairness, but if I were looking for an organisation that was working it's MMA bouts, it would be Belator.

Lashley keeps winning despite having the stamina of a small wheelbarrow

Shamrock changed his style to get away from the ground game years ago in fairness, but if I were looking for an organisation that was working it's MMA bouts, it would be Belator.

brianblaze wrote: »

He was still a shootfighter at heart, but even if he completely moved away from grappling he wouldn't forget how to do a RNC.

Lashley is winning because he is fighting cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rumours Jose Aldo is injured with broken ribs & may be out of the fight next month

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If he is out what possible replacements are there?

JJayoo wrote: »
    If he is out what possible replacements are there?

Frankie,

But it achieves nothing

Mellor wrote: »
    Frankie,

But it achieves nothing

I think Edgar would beat McGregor tbh.....but its a huge financial risk to do that fight.
    McDonald vs. Lawler is enough to prop up a card(Its actually a better main event on paper than 90% of the UFC main events lately).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mellor wrote: »
    Frankie,

But it achieves nothing

Worse fight for conor. Can see Dana protecting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Definitely keep him away from Frankie or Mendes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The worst thing about this whole thing is that "tomato can" will come back to the fore of terminology

The worst thing about this whole thing is that "tomato can" will come back to the fore of terminology

Is McGregor going taking on Wexford or Offaly? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Ariel Helwani is going to be talking about it on Newstalk in ten minutes

Tinie wrote: »
    Worse fight for conor. Can see Dana protecting him.
    ERG89 wrote: »
    I think Edgar would beat McGregor tbh.....but its a huge financial risk to do that fight.
    McDonald vs. Lawler is enough to prop up a card(Its actually a better main event on paper than 90% of the UFC main events lately).
    JJayoo wrote: »
    Definitely keep him away from Frankie or Mendes.

Stylistically Edgar is a nightmare for anyone. I'm not really interested in feeding him a walkover tbh.
    I think he can beat Edgar, Knock him out early. If he does the it silences a lot of the grappling criticism, and he also does what Aldo couldnt.
    The momentum going into the title fight would be huge

Latest is the rib is bruised not broken & as of now the fight will, albeit tentatively go ahead.
    The contingency plan should Aldo fail to recover is McGregor vs. Mendes for an Interim Featherweight Title

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

So a Brazilian A&E doc can't spot a (not) cracked rib.Gimme a break. Great probability at Mendes stepping in last minute , unless the doctor at the Nevada Commission is one Nick Riviera

Tssk wrote: »
    So a Brazilian A&E doc can't spot a (not) cracked rib.Gimme a break.
    A bruised ribs and microfractures won't necessarily up on an xray.
    They don't necessarily stop the fight going ahead either.

Any current damage has two weeks to knit together.

The date for the next Dublin UFC
    CIz1gsIWEAAGJcM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So it's confirmed Aldo is out and Mendez is in. How many fights is that now that Aldo has pulled out on?

Advertisement