Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »
    So it's confirmed Aldo is out and Mendez is in. How many fights is that now that Aldo has pulled out on?

Lol. He's missing a great payday too y'know. Only remember Aldo missing 1 fight but he's undefeated for nearly a decade so saying he's yellow is a bit much.
    Realistically he was never going to be able to fight & UFC should have cancelled the fight last week but chose not to. Now they have a farcical Interim fight which doesn't even feature Edgar who is ranked above McGregor & Mendes in the official UFC rankings

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »
    Lol. He's missing a great payday too y'know. Only remember Aldo missing 1 fight but he's undefeated for nearly a decade so saying he's yellow is a bit much.

He's pulled out on like 5 title fights including this one in recent years and if you can show me where I called him yellow... yea that would be great.

He's pulled out on like 5 title fights including this one in recent years and if you can show me where I called him yellow... yea that would be great.

Saying he's pulling out of fights what else are you insinuating?
    He's fought all the main contenders the last decade from Mike Brown, Cub Swanson, Urijah Faber, Kenny Florian, Korean Zombie, Chad Mendes, Ricardo Lamas, Frankie Edgar.
    If you're unable to train you shouldn't fight simple as; the injury was too severe to recover from in time and a huge target come belltime, not to mention the big weight cut Aldo always does.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I was actually implying he's injury prone not "yellow". He seems to be accumulating more and more little injuries in the past couple of years now.

I was actually implying he's injury prone not "yellow". He seems to be accumulating more and more little injuries in the past couple of years now.

That happens with champions Chris Weidmann and Cain Velasquez didn't fight in 1 or 2 years respectively before the last fight. GSP was the same....oh dear the 'Phillip Brooks' shirt wasn't near the worst offender :o

CIwe8pPWsAA-G-V.jpg

CIwlntUWoAAafZU.png

CIxDF2XUkAEIoaM.jpg

Reebok are clueless :rolleyes:
    Giblert :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

The Reebok uniforms are horrible! I'm going to miss the tapout and original gear the fighters had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ERG89 wrote: »
    Giblert :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So is the McGregor fight on TV anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So is the McGregor fight on TV anywhere?

BT Sports

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

5ish start tomorrow for those who may not know. Proper card starts around 3.

Let's hope our son Chad can bring home the gold.

Let's hope our son Chad can bring home the gold.

Is it not Rats?

Is it?

Is it?

I'm awaiting a poem, a song or maybe a Jeremy reunion IF he wins.
    Ah balls I thought you were on about McGregor not the more tolerable 'Money'

Deep down I know the bandwagon will role on and I'll be called a "begrudger" by casuals who wouldn't know what a Tim Sylvia was if he crying right in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is it a title match??

It's an interim title fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Just bought the fight on UFC.TV. Intend on watching it on my ATV. I presume it's like the WWE Network that you can watch it back from the beginning or live throughout. Might just get up at 9 and watch it on demand. How it the live stream compared to the network?

Deep down I know the bandwagon will role on and I'll be called a "begrudger" by casuals who wouldn't know what a Tim Sylvia was if he crying right in front of them.

Tim Sylvia is Anderson Sylvia's brother ;)
    Yeah it sickened me when Dana White said where was Ireland 5 years ago for the UFC. He must have missed UFC 93 or just been traumatised by Tom Egan

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Is it a title match??

Aldo is the champ so the winner is interim champ and then fights Aldo .

It's gotten a decent bit of Irish press. Ash Daly from Ultimate Fighter was interviewed on RTE Radio's current affairs programme this morning, the presenter was clueless of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Getting a lot of slack for saying my money is on Mendez! I want Conor to win, but I'm thinking Mendez will take him down in the 3rd and we'll get a sub win.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Conor's good friends now Arnie and The Rock going to be cheering him, think Conor will win

I'm not sure if Conor has fought a wrestler before. I rewatched some of his fights today on youtube. He's good at springing back to his feet after been taking down. It will be a test for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

McGregor has a serious reach advantage. I think he'll win by stoppage. TKO ground n pound,second round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tssk wrote: »
    McGregor has a serious reach advantage. I think he'll win by stoppage. TKO ground n pound,second round.

If McGregor gets full mount on a wrestler like Chad and finishes him there, i'll eat my hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Bit of a feck up by ufc there, leaving Travis Browne in that Harley promo

Robbie "Balls of Steel" Lawler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Been one of the best ufc cards in history and still the main event card to come!

• Advertisement

Ah fúck I thought for a split second it was Garth Brooks.
    Sinead O'Connor's entrance was awful btw :p

Advertisement