Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Pots n' Pans Offer

Options
  • 29-01-2012 3:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

This offer is due to finish soon and I believe they have stopped issuing coupons.

Could I ask those of you who redeemed the coupons and availed of the offer to check your receipts?

I bought three seperate pots n' pans iun two different Tescos and each time the coupons were scanned / entered into the till I was charged 0.01c. On one shop where I redeeemed the vouchers I was also charged 0.07c for "seedless green grapes" - for 0.07c I suppose you might get a grape, but I didn't buy any and don't eat them anyway.

The issue isn't about 0.01c, it's that the charge is so low that shoppers won't bother raising it with the shop, leaving Tesco with "money for nothin'" or is this some kind of weird way of singling out customers or transactions?

Thoughts.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Their diabolical scheme has been unveiled. Heads will roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Not a very smart scam if it's printed on your receipt though is it. The grapes thing is most likely a cashier pressed grapes by accident on the till and with no weight entered the lowest possible price came up. Unusual not to notice a mistake like that though. As for the 0.01 cent charge thing, that's odd. An issue with coupons though does not a scam make- especially since tesco's 'gain' is so minescule as to not be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This is a job for the grape crisis centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't think that they can have zero value items in their EPOS system. Hence the coupons are assigned a €0.01 value so that they can be scanned. What usually happens is this automatically creates another line with -€0.01 so the transaction is cancelled out.

As for the €0.07 grapes, that's probably a genuine user error involving the weighing scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

And how were you charged? You would have had to buy 100 pots and pans @0.01c per voucher before 1cent would have been accumulated on the bill.
    Its obviously just a way of registering that something has passed through the scanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

When you buy the pans, they are scanned in at the full price, the cashier has to scan a barcode to 'pay for' 70% of the pan, leaving you with 30% to pay.

If the cashier scans the wrong barcode a charge of 1c appears on the receipt. It can happen with the 4.7l and the 6l pan as the box looks really similar.

Advertisement