Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothies - porridge

Options
  • 29-01-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi, getting big into smoothies, basically throwning whatever I have in the fridge e.g. fruit, veg, juice, yoghurts together but just wondering on the internet where they say porridge oatlets in smoothies, does this just mean throwing in a handful of porridge flakes i.e. uncooked, dry? Anyone? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Yes, they mean your traditional rolled oat flakes. There are two methods which you can use to ensure you don't end up with a gloopy mess, either put the oats in first and turn on the blender for a bit so that they turn into an oats flour than add the wet ingredients, or make overnight oats and then use these in the smoothie.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

SBWife wrote: »
    Yes, they mean your traditional rolled oat flakes. There are two methods which you can use to ensure you don't end up with a gloopy mess, either put the oats in first and turn on the blender for a bit so that they turn into an oats flour than add the wet ingredients, or make overnight oats and then use these in the smoothie.
    Another and easier way is to buy quick oats. These are ground more fine than regualr oats. Work well is smoothies.

Don't add too many or it be so solid to drink

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

This sounds nice, I'll give it a go this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Non standard quick/microwave oats can be expensive. You can blend up bags dry in a food processor and just store them away. Some health shops have oat flour too.

50cent off odlums oats here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76695624#post76695624

Advertisement