Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Time Editing On Jtag

• 29-01-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Just tought this might be of use to some people.
    This allows...
    SDK Neighborhood implementation.
    Full console memory control, physical and temporary memory. Includes swapping files and Real time editing at any time on the console.
    Screenshot support
    console Rebooting, to either dash, current title, or even a cold reboot which restarts the xbox.
    Game management, start a game or restart a game at any time from your computer
    Watson Debugging
    see when xex's are launched and shut down
    VS debugging
    PPC debugging
    breakpoints
    Freeze and Unfreeze the console at any point
    Print system info
    Open/Close disk tray
    Real time allows the edit of patches and other files on the jtag with out the need to stop the game
    You will require:
    A Jtagged Xbox 360 connected to your home network
    Dashlaunch installed
    XBDM.xex
    The Xbox 360 SDK installed on your computer (If you Google XDKSetupXenon11164.3.exe you might find it)
    Getting started:
    This guide will presume you have some basic knowledge about your Jtagged Xbox 360, Dashlaunch will already be installed and you will have some way of copying files on to your Xbox 360's internal hard drive.
    Copy xbdm.xex to the root of your internal hard drive.
    Now edit your launch.ini (should also be on the root of your hard drive) and add:

[Plugins]
    plugin1 = Hdd:\xbdm.xex
    Here is my launch.ini to refer to if you are having trouble.
    http://users.digiex.net/insanenutter/guides/360jtag-sdk-screenshot/launch.ini
    screen1.jpg
    When xbdm.xex is on the root of your hard drive, and you have told your launch.ini to load xbdm.xex as a plugin turn your console off and turn it back on again. The xbdm plugin will load and always be running in the background.
    You should now be ready to configure the Xbox 360 SDK to find your Jtag.
    Click the Xbox 360 Neighborhood icon on your desktop, then click Add Xbox 360

screen2.jpg

Click next

screen3.jpg

Enter the IP address of your Jtagged Xbox 360

screen4.jpg

If you do not know the IP address of your console you can find it out under System Settings > Network Settings > (Select wired or wireless depending on your 360's connection) > Configure Network
    Your IP address will be shown:

screen5.jpg

Next set your Jtag as the default Xbox 360 Development Kit when asked

screen6.jpg

You should now be setup

screen7.jpg

Once you have installed this you should now be able to access real time editor I will not be showing you how to because it is very simple.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've removed your hotlink to xbdm.xex. This file is copyright protected

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

EnterNow wrote: »
    I've removed your hotlink to xbdm.xex. This file is copyright protected
    Oh ok sorry didnt know am i allowed to put the name of it.

Oh ok sorry didnt know am i allowed to put the name of it.

Your allowed to name it, but no linking to any copywritten material. I havn't removed the name, only the embedded hotlink

Your allowed to name it, but no linking to any copywritten material. I havn't removed the name, only the embedded hotlink

Ok thank you sorry about that I didnt know you couldnt.

Ok thank you sorry about that I didnt know you couldnt.

We're not like most modding sites in that we don't condone piracy, we don't permit any info on backups, copyright evasion, software protection evasion etc. Have a read of the charter to familiarise yourself with the rules :)

• Advertisement

We're not like most modding sites in that we don't condone piracy, we don't permit any info on backups, copyright evasion, software protection evasion etc. Have a read of the charter to familiarise yourself with the rules :)
    Will do thanks for the info.This website is more about actually modding xboxs is it like jtagging and rgh.

Will do thanks for the info.This website is more about actually modding xboxs is it like jtagging and rgh.

You can discuss everything modding related here, from vintage consoles right through to the most current RGH stuff. It can all be done, provided we keep the conversation within the bounds of the charter, most importantly:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES

DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE.

DO NOT DISCUSS HOW TO RUN PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY - THIS INCLUDES LOADERS/FLASH CARDS/MODIFIED CODE ETC

DO NOT POST, LINK TO, OR OTHERWISE DIVULGE PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE KEYS. THIS INCLUDES ENCRYPTION, DECRYPTION, SIGNING, PUBLIC OR PRIVATE KEYS.

Charter

:)

You can discuss everything modding related here, from vintage consoles right through to the most current RGH stuff. It can all be done, provided we keep the conversation within the bounds of the charter, most importantly:

Charter

:)

Thank you all read and understood :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

NB: xbdm doesn't work on every game just few :)

RealistSpy wrote: »
    NB: xbdm doesn't work on every game just few :)
    Ye there is supposed to be another release which is like the full version as this is like beta or something :)

• Advertisement

Ye there is supposed to be another release which is like the full version as this is like beta or something :)

It was never release, its the same version floating around. When the DevKit kernel is released poking into memory will be easy.

It was never release, its the same version floating around. When the DevKit kernel is released poking into memory will be easy.
    Ye but this was like a leak...there is supposed to be proper one but just not released...dev kit kernel is released on rgh isn't it....

Yeh that's right but I believe the official release will also come out on jtag. I really can't wait.

Yeh that's right but I believe the official release will also come out on jtag. I really can't wait.
    Same one of the members on ttg said he would but I don't know...he is known do so let's hope so :)

I've ammended the thread title, originally I thought this was something to do with the internal clock :o

I've ammended the thread title, originally I thought this was something to do with the internal clock :o
    Thanks for the help ;)

Another of dumping memory to edit or poke is if you have RTCoD source code and App.
    Just make a little edit in the source code and you can dump any part of the 360's memory.

From Heap address, to stack to xex etc.

Advertisement