Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not so 'Special Events'

Options
  • 29-01-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Guy's if you feel like me that we have been rightly screwed over regarding the recent special events compared to the RU & US servers then please log on to WOT EU forums, go to the news section and voice your opinion and give the WOT community team the neagtive rep they deserve.

If enough of us raise our voice we might just get the fair treatment we deserve.

For those of you who are not aware this what we got this weekend interms of a special.

The French tanks celebrate their arrival! They want to show you how the French elegance looks like by offering you many different camouflages for a good price.
    So let’s take advantage of our special offers and customize your French tanks!
    This weekend, you can “Tune Up the French Steel”.
    From January 27th at 6:30 CET (5:30 GMT - Friday), to January 31st at 6:00 CET (5:00 GMT - Tuesday), you will be able to buy a camouflage, garage slots and premium accounts at very low price!
    Purchase an elegant camouflage:
    • 30% off for the following vehicle camouflages:
      AMX 40, Lorraine 40 t, AMX 13 75, AMX 13 90, ARL 44, AMX M4 (1945), AMX 50 100, AMX 50 120.
    Extend your garage where you can park your brand new vehicles:
    • 50% off for the garage slots
    Increase all scores:
    • 20% off for the 3, 7, and the 30 day premium accounts
    Don’t miss the opportunity to save money ! This is a great occasion for you to buy more for less!
    We hope you will enjoy it!

The US got this (second weekend in a row for a US Special)

50% off the credit cost of the following vehicles:
    U.S.A.

M4A3E8 Sherman
    M4A3E2
    T20
    T29
    Germany

StuG III
    JagdPz IV
    Jagdpanther
    U.S.S.R.

KV
    KV-3
    IS
    France

AMX 12t
    AMX 13 75
    AMX 13 90
    Additional discounts:
    50% off the gold cost to purchase Garage slots
    50% off the credit cost to purchase Equipment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

these are the new communinty personal that just started in the new paris office. overlord admitted they had made a mistake and said it was a poorly thought out special. i belive we are to get a special special at the begining of feb to make up for the fu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Honestly at this stage there are only a few things I care about for special:
    • Moar exp! (i.e. 3x or 5x for first win of the day)
    • Cheaper exp converts/sub/gold ammo/more gold for money
    Pretty much everything else is fluff bonuses for T3 to T6 were I don't really give a toss. Hence I'm happy with this special, stocking up 5 months premium status for the normal cost of 4? Win in my book.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A cheap IS would've been nice, but I made use of the premium discount to get premium status till May.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the fact theyre charging people to camo their tank is ridiculous.

ill stick to my weak spot skins tyvm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

We've got most of these for this weeks special:

50% off all equipment parts

50% off the following vehicles:

• VK 3002 (DB)
    • Tiger
    • Jagdpanther
    • T29
    • M4A3E8 Sherman
    • T25 AT
    • T-34-85
    • IS
    • SU-152
    50 off all gold consumables

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Looks like I'll be stocking up on some silver items again for my medium/heavy lines and stock up on gold ammo for my IS-7, Maus and E100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mattrulz12

nice to see that we can get 50% off gold ammo, but most of the special for the next 4 days is pretty poor tbh.

I hope they start to give us better ones

I was just beginning to save for an IS, and to buy back my T34-85 so this saves me a solid million in silver. Plus possibly another 300k for vents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mattrulz12

nice, well i guess for you spear thats brill that they have put that on for you. saves you some money etc.

But the only thing I will benefit from would be the 50% gold ammo and consumables and the equipment.

Thats it for me really, but I guess this would help me in my fight to get the T30 before the patch comes out. when I get home, I will buy the rammer and put that on my T34.

And maybe a few other things but I will have to decide what to get when i get home from work.

If people have cash to spare I always recommend stocking up no the 50% of equipment deals. You'll always want ventilators and rammers (pick size to order) for your tanks.

Other things such as repair box, coated optics etc. don't hurt either and the best part is (esp. with repair box) is that you can move 'em around easily. Later on if you need cash sell them back (as you get 50% of the orginal price so you'll end up using it for free as by the time you sell it you get the price you paid for it originally).

Obviously this only matters if you're planning on getting more tanks (i.e. I'm stocking up on medium stuff for my French line, some heavy stuff because, well, I'll always need more heavy stuff :P )

• Advertisement

Gold shells are not included, sad panda :(

Advertisement