Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending My Home Wireless Network Range With Old Eircom Router Settings

Options
  • 29-01-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, i have a zyxel eircom router (black with 1 antenna) downstairs that is my main router (that it has the wan connection connected for internet). It is a 54Mb connection but upstairs i only get 24Mb so i got an old eircom router (the same type as my main one) and have it upstairs and connected to the main one downstairs with an Ethernet cable. I have been fiddling with the setting and it works for the most part, but it regularly says no DSL connection but then after a few mins works again. I am looking for the correct way to simply boost the range of my wireless connection for upstairs.

I have changed the following settings, lets say the main router downstairs is called A and the spare upstairs is called B.

I have gone into both router settings and named them the same SSID name and password. changed the DHCP on router B from server to bridge (or relay cant remember) and have both routers on the same channel.

I had previously had them on other settings with the same issues but as it stands they are set to what i have written above.

any help would be much appricated!

Regards
    Aaron.

Advertisement