Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you study.

• 29-01-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hello guys im just wondering how do you study cause im really finding it hard to study and my mocks are really soon.
    So how do you study ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

The only way that really works for me is to write out bullet-pointed notes about five times each. I'd write out notes on a certain topic, read over them, give myself about ten minutes, then try to write down what I remember from them. The leaving cert is basically a memory test so just try and exercise your memory as best you can, reading straight from a book is going to do you no favours.
    And also, if you want to study for anything in biology, chemistry etc that can be explained through diagrams, draw those diagrams and stick it up on your bedroom wall, that way you'll see it everyday and it'll become embedded in your memory. A trick I found is to write up things like the photosynthesis and respiration equations on the sticky notes tool on my laptop and have them on the desktop at all times, that way when I log onto my laptop every evening, that's what I see.
    Hope that helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The only way that really works for me is to write out bullet-pointed notes about five times each. I'd write out notes on a certain topic, read over them, give myself about ten minutes, then try to write down what I remember from them. The leaving cert is basically a memory test so just try and exercise your memory as best you can, reading straight from a book is going to do you no favours.
    And also, if you want to study for anything in biology, chemistry etc that can be explained through diagrams, draw those diagrams and stick it up on your bedroom wall, that way you'll see it everyday and it'll become embedded in your memory. A trick I found is to write up things like the photosynthesis and respiration equations on the sticky notes tool on my laptop and have them on the desktop at all times, that way when I log onto my laptop every evening, that's what I see.
    Hope that helped!

I do what she said. I write down a paragraph of bullet points again, and again, until I get it. Or I just copy out a page of stuff I need to know, then copy it out again, and you can see where I'm going with this :P

cloud493 wrote: »
    I do what he said. I write down a paragraph of bullet points again, and again, until I get it. Or I just copy out a page of stuff I need to know, then copy it out again, and you can see where I'm going with this :P
    I'm a girl! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm a girl! :(

My goodness, I do apologize miss :o. Edited now.

cloud493 wrote: »
    My goodness, I do apologize miss :o. Edited now.
    Haha no worries mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭I hate school

Anybody else ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lemonz

I put all my books under my bed and hope that the knowledge will seep upwards like hot air and into my brain...

lemonz wrote: »
    I put all my books under my bed and hope that the knowledge will seep upwards like hot air and into my brain...
    By the process of diffusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lemonz

By the process of diffusion!

Unfortunately, I seem to only have a very selective permeable membrane for a head...

lemonz wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I seem to only have a very selective permeable membrane for a head...
    Well at least you've got the osmosis and diffusion chapter down! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement