Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travelcard: Grad Students Eligible?

Options
  • 29-01-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey folks, two questions:

1. Filling in my postal application at the moment and there are only boxes to tick for "College Study Year (if undergraduate)". Am I still eligble to apply as a full-time Third Level student? Can't find anything on their site that suggests otherwise...

2. Would there be any issues with me popping in to Trinity to get my travelcard, as long as I bring in my student card? Can't make it into UCD one way or another with my work placement this semester.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

I'm a full-time graduate student and I have a Student Travelcard so you should be grand.

I don't know the answer to your second question however.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

Great, thanks!

Yes you can get it in Trinity too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Lanterrrn

Brilliant! You don't know if they have lunch hours or anything do you? My window of opportunity tomorrow will be 1-2pm. It'd save me buying a 7-day adult ticket for the Luas if I can get this done tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

They're open 9:30 to 5:00. And all you need to prove you're a student is your UCD student card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

Ahoyhoy wrote: »
    They're open 9:30 to 5:00. And all you need to prove you're a student is your UCD student card.

Till 6 actually. Down in the used bookshop. And the €15 charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

Till 6 actually. Down in the used bookshop. And the €15 charge

I was referring to Trinity actually since the OP asked about that. They're open til 5, turn left inside the arch, door on the left and left inside there. You won't need passport pictures, they take them for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You don't even have to be a student. Just go into an express location on campus dressed like a student (bag, hoody, jeans etc) and they won't ask you for a student I.D. Worked for me this year when I graduated last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

Ahoyhoy wrote: »
    I was referring to Trinity actually since the OP asked about that. They're open til 5, turn left inside the arch, door on the left and left inside there. You won't need passport pictures, they take them for you.

Whoopsie, my bad.

Advertisement