Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with HKC Secure Watch (fault codes))

• 29-01-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a problem with my alarm HKC Secure Watch, when it went off yesterday morning, a door had be opened ( by wife!!!)
    without switching the alarm off.
    The alarm could not be switched off by user code.It was showing the following fault on keypad.
    SW812 MAYO7V7.36
    CHKSUM = 847FH
    Could only be switched off by removing all fuses. Replaced all fuses and the problem reoccurs.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

Garphil wrote: »
    I have a problem with my alarm HKC Secure Watch, when it went off yesterday morning, a door had be opened ( by wife!!!)
    without switching the alarm off.
    The alarm could not be switched off by user code.It was showing the following fault on keypad.
    SW812 MAYO7V7.36
    CHKSUM = 847FH
    Could only be switched off by removing all fuses. Replaced all fuses and the problem reoccurs.Any ideas?

Is the red light flashing on the PCB?
    Can you try removing the mains and battery then powering up the system to see if it comes back on properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Garphil

Thanks for your help,powered down battery and mains replaced fuses powered back up, red light on PCB still flashing.Keypad had yellow fault light on showing Panel Batt Flt message,could switch alarm on and off with keypad seemed ok.Then with alarm on opened back door which is what happen when the problem started alarm went off same fault codes on keypad could only switch off by removing fuse No2 (second from top) it will operate without this fuse but Int bell willnot ring and this message +batt flt appear on keypad

Thanks for your help,powered down battery and mains replaced fuses powered back up, red light on PCB still flashing.Keypad had yellow fault light on showing Panel Batt Flt message,could switch alarm on and off with keypad seemed ok.Then with alarm on opened back door which is what happen when the problem started alarm went off same fault codes on keypad could only switch off by removing fuse No2 (second from top) it will operate without this fuse but Int bell willnot ring and this message +batt flt appear on keypad

The second fuse is the internal bell fuse. Removing the fuse will stop it ringing. Does the default user code work, 1111. The system may need to be reset.

No 1111 code has no effect,when I put No2 fuse back in my user code will not stop Int bell I must remove fuse to stop bell.When I remove fuse and put in my user code red light on keypad goes off

No 1111 code has no effect,when I put No2 fuse back in my user code will not stop Int bell I must remove fuse to stop bell.When I remove fuse and put in my user code red light on keypad goes off

That indicates that the user code is working as when the red light goes off it comes out of being in alarm. It could be a problem with the output as it is not resetting meaning the internal bell is going off even when disarmed or the system just needs to be reset to fix the problem. A default would be the best way to go and see if it fixes the problem.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice Altor,I don't know how to do a default I have tried codes 1111,1234,4567,but they don't work,there are no numbers written in the PCB box and the firm that fitted it are no longer in business

Thanks for the advice Altor,I don't know how to do a default I have tried codes 1111,1234,4567,but they don't work,there are no numbers written in the PCB box and the firm that fitted it are no longer in business

Your welcome,

Down power the alarm, mains and battery. Remove link in center of board. Power the system back up on the battery, go to keypad it should say default. Press yes and default to the EN50131 standard. Put link back on board. If so default the system. If it does not say default the system will need to be defaulted by an engineer.

Hi again
    Carried out default as advised,keypad would not power up on battery when I switched on mains system asked the default question I defaulted to EN it ran through searching hardware etc.then alarm actiivated showing the same fault codes as before and the bell rings intermittently.My user code would not work but 1111 did,O#4 or O#5 will not work either

Hi again
    Carried out default as advised,keypad would not power up on battery when I switched on mains system asked the default question I defaulted to EN it ran through searching hardware etc.then alarm actiivated showing the same fault codes as before and the bell rings intermittently.My user code would not work but 1111 did,O#4 or O#5 will not work either

The system needs to be reprogrammed. Zones, codes, time, date.
    The default engineer is now 04567 to get into engineering.

Thought I was nearly there reprogrammed codes time date not sure what to do with zones?.Switching on & off no problems then armed the system and gave it a test.the same fault codes as before on keypad and it wouldn't respond to user code had to remove fuses

• Advertisement

Thought I was nearly there reprogrammed codes time date not sure what to do with zones?.Switching on & off no problems then armed the system and gave it a test.the same fault codes as before on keypad and it wouldn't respond to user code had to remove fuses

Sorry to hear that Garphil, It does sound like a problem with the panel itself if it went back the same. You may need to replace the board in the panel.

I think that there is something loose in the panel because if I give the panel box a thump when the keypad yellow fault light is on the light will go off

I think that there is something loose in the panel because if I give the panel box a thump when the keypad yellow fault light is on the light will go off

Could be or when you give it a thump the spring for the control panel tamper is knocked into place.

Advertisement