Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tools Needed To Perform Rgh

• 29-01-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have searched all over the internet but none of them tell me what tools i need to perform an RGH On a Phat.Does anybody know.

Also would i need extra tools if I am installing the cygnos.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Not being smart with you.
    But if you really need to ask what tools you need to install a RGH your as well off paying someone to do it for you.
    Its extreamly delicate soldering.

Anyway you want a 30 watt soldering iron.
    solder
    flux
    nand-x and the needed cables
    and a chip to put in the console.
    And a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Not being smart with you.
    But if you really need to ask what tools you need to install a RGH your as well off paying someone to do it for you.
    Its extreamly delicate soldering.

solder
    flux
    nand-x and the needed cables
    and a chip to put in the console.
    And a computer
    Completely understand what Ur saying but its just that every tutorial uses different tools.no one can start off being professional, ya have to start somewhere but thanks man appreciate it

im not saying that everyone has to be professional.
    I'm the furthest thing from a professional.

What I was trying to get across is that its an extreamly difficult hack to perform, especially if you have no experience with soldering or modding.
    no point in destroying a 200-300 euro xbox when you can just pay someone to hack it for you.

Not trying to be an prick or anything I'm just trying to spare you a few €'s

start smaller and build up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is that not a bit risky for such small/delicate work? I'd have thought 10/15w would be more suitable?

im not saying that everyone has to be professional.
    I'm the furthest thing from a professional.

What I was trying to get across is that its an extreamly difficult hack to perform, especially if you have no experience with soldering or modding.
    no point in destroying a 200-300 euro xbox when you can just pay someone to hack it for you.

Not trying to be an prick or anything I'm just trying to spare you a few €'s

start smaller and build up to it.
    Ye Ur rite never even tought bout starting small and building my way up. By the way I was saying the professional thing smartly I was just saying that everyone needs to start somewhere but thanks for the advice. Can u recommend me a way to improve my skills

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is that not a bit risky for such small/delicate work? I'd have thought 10/15w would be more suitable?

Personally myself I cant stand 15w irons,
    Just personal preference

@scottp68877
    Im pretty sure you can get practice pcb's in maplins for a few euro

Personally myself I cant stand 15w irons,
    Just personal preference

@scottp68877
    Im pretty sure you can get practice pcb's in maplins for a few euro

I just figured 30w is a bit too hot for mainboard soldering around fragile components? Though I mostly use a 30w myself :) Sometimes the 15w can make things more difficult by not being hot enough

I just figured 30w is a bit too hot for mainboard soldering around fragile components? Though I mostly use a 30w myself :) Sometimes the 15w can make things more difficult by not being hot enough

You can do more damage with a 15w waiting for it to heat up a pad than you would with a 30w at times.
    Personal preference but I like to be in and out quickly ...less chance to do damage

Personal preference but I like to be in and out quickly

:D

:D

Taken completely out of context :(
    Only on boards do you get someone taking the piss like that:P

• Advertisement

Just be glad this wasn't in Arcade & Retro :D

Just be glad this wasn't in Arcade & Retro :D
    Wat is arcade and retro I seen u mention it a few times and can't understand I went in for a look but didn't see what it was

Wat is arcade and retro I seen u mention it a few times and can't understand I went in for a look but didn't see what it was

The forum for all things Arcade game and retro video game related. Well all things game related really - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Advertisement