Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (need help)

Options
  • 29-01-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Basically i have a few annoying problems with sony ericsson xperia x8 phone i just bought today.

1. - I went into import my contacts, pressed the import button and yeah worked ok, BUT then about half of my contacts weren't on the list. Infact only 3 human contacts were on the list the rest were just mobile network contacts, any ideas on what to do? (I have loads of contacts but only 3 Human contacts showed up on the phone contacts)

2. Gmail has now someone entered my phone contacts and started adding people on my google talk directly on my actual phone contacts, any help on how to delete them?

3. I Activated the voice to text app, and i can't find it on the google search on the main page, it should be a voice sign right next to it! - how do i get it to work on google search and other things? - i think the sign just dissapered.

4. Is there a way to log out off gmail? - dont want email alerts everytime i get a email, anyway at all to stop it will do for me!

Im actually kinda regretting getting this phone due to the poor reviews, but if someone could help me i would be very satisfied with the phone and android itself.

Please, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1. Your contacts are probably on your old phone's memory rather than your sim card. There are a few things you can do. You can put your sim card back into your old phone and look for an option to copy contacts to the sim card. But that only works easily for up to 250 contacts because that's all the sim will hold and if you have contacts that have multiple numbers associated they'll get messed up because sims can only store contacts with one name and one number. Say you have contact John who has a home and a mobile number you'll end up with two contacts John and John1 or similar, one with the home number and one with the mobile

Alternatively if you have pc software for your phone you can export your contacts into a file and then import that into gmail. Or there are services that can sync contacts online. Depending on your phone you might be able to sync them directly with gmail. What phone do you have?

2. My advice is just leave them. Can't see them doing any harm

3. On my phone there's a microphone button built into the keypad next to the enter button but yours might be different. Not all text boxes support the feature. I find it a bit crap anyway so I don't use it

4. Open gmail and press menu-more-settings then select your account and untick email notifications. You can also disable synching for the account by going to the home seen and press menu-settings-accounts and sync then select your account and disable it from synching

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    1. Your contacts are probably on your old phone's memory rather than your sim card. There are a few things you can do. You can put your sim card back into your old phone and look for an option to copy contacts to the sim card. But that only works easily for up to 250 contacts because that's all the sim will hold and if you have contacts that have multiple numbers associated they'll get messed up because sims can only store contacts with one name and one number. Say you have contact John who has a home and a mobile number you'll end up with two contacts John and John1 or similar, one with the home number and one with the mobile

Alternatively if you have pc software for your phone you can export your contacts into a file and then import that into gmail. Or there are services that can sync contacts online. Depending on your phone you might be able to sync them directly with gmail. What phone do you have?

3. On my phone there's a microphone button built into the keypad next to the enter button but yours might be different. Not all text boxes support the feature. I find it a bit crap anyway so I don't use it

4. Open gmail and press menu-more-settings then select your account and untick email notifications. You can also disable synching for the account by going to the home seen and press menu-settings-accounts and sync then select your account and disable it from synching

Thanks alot for your very helpful information, much appreciated.

But if you have any idea just to get those gmail things off my contacts, please tell me because its quite annoying, any idea at all will do. :)

The last phone i had was a old LG KE500 - im sure theres a option to save contacts to sim on it.

Also another question - I had photos/videos on my old phone, how do i put them onto my new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

RobitTV wrote: »
    Sam Vimes wrote: »

Thanks alot for your very helpful information, much appreciated.

But if you have any idea just to get those gmail things off my contacts, please tell me because its quite annoying, any idea at all will do. :)

The last phone i had was a old LG KE500 - im sure theres a option to save contacts to sim on it.

Also another question - I had photos/videos on my old phone, how do i put them onto my new phone?
    To get rid of the gmail contacts go into contact> press the menu button > more > display > Google > uncheck my contacts.
    It probably won't be exactly the same as I have a Samsung galaxy but will be very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Does anyone have any idea on how to make the voice to text feature work at all?

Can somebody run me through a step to step download guide or something?

Any help at all will be most helpful and greatful

Advertisement