Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPOD touch screen replacement

Options
  • 29-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does any1 no where i can get ipod screen replaced. DS got from santa and let it fall today so screen smashed... Apple too expensive want somewhere reliable as is only one month old.. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

My wife has replaced my sons ipod touch screen 3 times in total. Its a bit tricky but with the right tools its doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

http://www.irepair.ie

In Portmarnock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bcmf wrote: »
    My wife has replaced my sons ipod touch screen 3 times in total. Its a bit tricky but with the right tools its doable.

I would say very tricky. By the time you purchase the LCD and correct tools and the time to change, it's probably better off leaving it to a repair place. It will cost €90 but more most people you will be better off. It's so easy to damage other ribbons like volume controls or the bezel frame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Davy wrote: »
    I would say very tricky. By the time you purchase the LCD and correct tools and the time to change, it's probably better off leaving it to a repair place. It will cost €90 but more most people you will be better off. It's so easy to damage other ribbons like volume controls or the bezel frame

Indeed but when you have 2 kids who regulary drop their's then you learn and the outlay of tools (and a cheap reputable supplier of lcd's ;)) in the long term it pays for itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Davy wrote: »

I replaced the screen on my iPhone 3Gs myself. Screen cost €8 from ebay. Came with the tools and a link to a video on youtube to follow to fix the screen. Took about an hour to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

bcmf wrote: »
    Indeed but when you have 2 kids who regulary drop their's then you learn and the outlay of tools (and a cheap reputable supplier of lcd's ;)) in the long term it pays for itself.

Sounds familiar!!!!

We got a rubber cover for my Daughters iPod. Think it cost about €10 and it has been dropped a few times since. It quite slim and hardly noticable but it does not protect the screen just gives the pod a bit of protection if dropped. We got a Nintendo Wii repaired in Bray with www.consolerepairs.ie and found it an excellent service, they also do iPods. They are just around the corner from Bray Wanderers F.C. ground Just up from An Post sorting office.

Advertisement