Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back in to SF

Options
  • 29-01-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Not played the game in over a year and got AE2012 the other night. I'm even worse than I was but I wouldn't mind some Irish people to play against (I have to use wireless so my connection isn't ideal to play European people).

My GT is Slurms McK. Go easy on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

always love to see new players in my favourite game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ladnapoka is quite free, you should attend casuals and body him:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey there, you're very welcome.

If you need any help, we have an IRC chat that you can log into where you can talk to us and I'm sure many of us, including me, will be more than willing to play some games with you and give you feedback on where you can improve.

We're all a nice bunch really and we do try to help each other out, despite what you may see in the chat from time to time.

Anyway, I sent you a friend request, my GT is the same as my username and I look forward to seeing you online sometime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hey there, you're very welcome.

If you need any help, we have an IRC chat that you can log into where you can talk to us and I'm sure many of us, including me, will be more than willing to play some games with you and give you feedback on where you can improve.

We're all a nice bunch really and we do try to help each other out, despite what you may see in the chat from time to time.

Anyway, I sent you a friend request, my GT is the same as my username and I look forward to seeing you online sometime. :)

*coughs* :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Played SSF4 for the first time in months. Based on performace, wish I hadn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Played SSF4 for the first time in months. Based on performace, wish I hadn't.

This is what happens when you play CoD :D

Deejay's good in 2012, you should spend some time with him. Super into U1 is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

This is what happens when you play CoD :D

Deejay's good in 2012, you should spend some time with him. Super into U1 is ridiculous.

He's ok and the U1 set up is a doddle but I'm just playing SSF4 like I've been playing COD...rushing head on into everything.

Dreadful execution and decision making for the first half of the night. Once I copped on a bit, I won 9 out of 10 including a game vs Worstgiefever so I can play if the mood takes me lol.

I'm finding that MVC is just a headwreaking game and my best results in SF4 come from a defensive style which I'm finding boring for quite a while. So I'm in fighting game limbo right now.

Woooo Nice man!! MVC is the worst, add me on xbl - ladnopokaa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    He's ok and the U1 set up is a doddle but I'm just playing SSF4 like I've been playing COD...rushing head on into everything.

Dreadful execution and decision making for the first half of the night. Once I copped on a bit, I won 9 out of 10 including a game vs Worstgiefever so I can play if the mood takes me lol.

I'm finding that MVC is just a headwreaking game and my best results in SF4 come from a defensive style which I'm finding boring for quite a while. So I'm in fighting game limbo right now.

You should play KoF then, I can happily mix between aggression and zoning to my hearts content.

Or, you could pick a character that isn't built for heavily defensive play, like Ibuki or Akuma, or Viper. literally nothing worse in the game than people who know how to use them :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

like Ibuki or Akuma, or Viper. literally nothing worse in the game than people who know how to use them :D

honda343.png

• Advertisement

Cody is easy to use and easy to win with apparently... at least from what people say... try him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ha I'm back on Live for 2 days and somehow my account gets hacked and all my points are spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Brave statement.
    Maybe ya fell asleep on your stick when your xbox was on and purchased
    a load of rom com movies with your face.
    Happened to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Brave statement.
    Maybe ya fell asleep on your stick when your xbox was on and purchased
    a load of rom com movies with your face.
    Happened to me :)

Ssshhh, they'll never find out!

Advertisement