Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman's body found in holdall bag

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

lastlaugh wrote: »
    I heard somewhere that she was an amateur contortionist and perhaps something went terribly wrong while practicing for an act?

Work on that one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Id nearly put money on it that it was planned and that he's no longer in the country...

If I was the culprit, and it was planned, I wouldn't dump the body in the street. I'd at least leave it in the attic, dump it in a skip or bury it in a wooded area.

Leaving it on a street where anyone could find it at any time doesn't give you much time to make your escape.

Note to Mods, Gardai and US customs: I am not the culprit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭My_left_leg

the poor girl.

Christ we've allowed some awful specimens into this country.
    as if we dont have enough home-grown ones.
    Time to get tough on 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

the poor girl.

Christ we've allowed some awful specimens into this country.
    as if we dont have enough home-grown ones.

Indeed.

shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

From RTE.ie

Flat sealed off in Dublin murder inquiry

Gardaí investigating the murder of Rudo Mawere, whose body was found in a travel bag in Dublin on Sunday, have sealed off a flat on Aughrim Street.

Last night they secured a warrant from the District Court and began a search of the flat.

The flat is around 1km from Blackhorse Avenue where the body of the 26-year-old woman was found last Sunday morning.

Ms Mawere was a student who came to Ireland from Malawi two years ago and also had been working as a care worker in a Dublin hospital.

She was living in Rathmines but gardaí believe she had been in the flat in Aughrim Street not long before she died.

That flat is being forensically examined to establish whether it was the place where she was killed.

A man whom she knew lived there and gardaí are trying to contact him and to establish if he is still in the country.

Gardaí have also interviewed the other tenants in the house, which is divided into flats.

It was reported on RTE TV earlier that the suspect is an African male who knew the victim.

From RTE.ie

It was reported on RTE TV earlier that the suspect is a Nigerian male who knew the victim.

does not surprise me one bit.
    there is absolutely no vetting of these foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I reviewed the report again, it actually said "African man" and not as I posted 'Nigerian'... So he may be a white South African, but I doubt it.

I reviewed the report again, it actually said "African man" and not as I posted 'Nigerian'... So he may be a white South African, but I doubt it.

LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

And what good would vetting have done in this case? Or do you actually know for certain that the suspect has committed this sort of crime before?

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »
    And what good would vetting have done in this case? Or do you actually know for certain that the suspect has committed this sort of crime before?

are you a complete fool or do you just work at it?
    i would say there is a very high chance this guy has previous.

Based on what exactly? The fact that he might be black?

Christ how thick are you?
    People that murder almost always have a history of violence. (There are exceptions of course).
    The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it.

Err no cause most people irrespective of colour dont go from law abbiding citizens to murdering someone and stuffing them in a bag .

Err no cause most people irrespective of colour dont go from law abbiding citizens to murdering someone and stuffing them in a bag .

Maybe he just woke up that morning and said to himself, "today is nice day to kill my g/f and put her this very large suitcase. i mean we hardly ever use it anymore and it's taking up so much room in our little bedsit".

LOL:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

People that murder almost always have a history of violence. (There are exceptions of course).
    The colour of his skin has nothing to do with it.

Reported, I really hope you and your thinly veiled racism are banned.

I presume you have statistics to back this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Reported, I really hope you and your thinly veiled racism are banned.

Those posts you picked don't seem racist to me.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

My_left_leg Banned.

Flaming/Trolling.

• Advertisement

Those posts you picked don't seem racist to me.

:confused:
    I never said those posts were, that's not why I reported them.

From RTE.ie

It was reported on RTE TV earlier that the suspect is a Nigerian male who knew the victim.

this could be percieved as racist but on the other hand it could also be seen as factual given that if u are a european citizen you have freedom of movement , irrespective of any criminal record.

you've never been to Africa I take it.
    Gardaí are seeking to talk to an African man. (probably her b/f).

Now there's a surprise!:eek:

Thinly veiled...

Anyway he's banned now so no point talking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He's the guy who says a woman can be to blame if she's raped and men can't help themselves, so... meh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

this could be percieved as racist but on the other hand it could also be seen as factual given that if u are a european citizen you have freedom of movement , irrespective of any criminal record.

What part of Europe is Africa in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

He's a pre-cog, you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Millicent wrote: »
    He's a pre-cog, you see.
    threadkiller!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    What part of Europe is Africa in?

to be fair no one has been charged with the murder . and not to be a knob about it but it could be an european person with africa desent they are looking for .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

The true victim here is the manufacturer of the bag as they've missed a perfect marketing opportunity to show it really does hold all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Main suspect found dead in UK

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0201/mawerer.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭greimorm

What an awful way to die and assuming its the truth,they said it was just over money he owed her.

I read he was using her bank card.
    Odd he is dead now aswell.

The chief suspect in the murder of Rudo Mawere fled to Britain from Northern Ireland after the slaying.

Detectives are working on the theory that the 26-year-old was killed by an African man to whom she lent a large amount of money. They believe the man robbed her after strangling her in a north Dublin flat on Saturday night.

It has emerged that the suspect -- who uses a number of different aliases -- is suspected of raping a woman in the UK some time ago but he has never been charged in relation to that offence.http://www.herald.ie/news/rudo-was-killed-after-lending-man-money-3005985.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

does it matter if she's black or white or Asian

A lady has just been killed or murdered, very disgusting.

The person when found must be brought to justice.

May she R.I.P.

Tbh does her gender matter any more than her race or nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

FYI, just heard on the news now that the suspect for this murder was found dead in England.

Save us all money paying his way for the next 15 or so years...

FYI, just heard on the news now that the suspect for this murder was found dead in England.

Save us all money paying his way for the next 15 or so years...
    Old news check above,not sure they would know what name to charge him under either lol

15 you are having a laugh arent you,he would be out in 3 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

not to speculate here, but given precedent of women turning up dead in luggage, id say she was a woman of the night at some stage...

Yeah, when someone is found dead in luggage, it's usually an open-and-shut case. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll get my coat.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

from rte.ie:
    In a statement to RTÉ News, Kent police said a man, believed to be a Zimbabwean national, was found dead at about 9am this morning in a wooded area in Higham by a dog walker. Foul play is not suspected.

So .... the main suspect for the murder ..... who had fled Ireland ..... was found dead ...... and the police are ruling out foul play????? :confused:
    Even if it looks like he committed sucicide or died of natural causes, surely they shouldn't be ruling out foul play so soon into the investigation.

from rte.ie:

So .... the main suspect for the murder ..... who had fled Ireland ..... was found dead ...... and the police are ruling out foul play????? :confused:
    Even if it looks like he committed sucicide or died of natural causes, surely they shouldn't be ruling out foul play so soon into the investigation.

Wait and see,we havent seen cause of death yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

This is a really sad story alright.

Independant.ie says she was a sunday school teacher and was attending college. Its quite sickening. One week everything is normal, next week your crazy twisted so called boyfriend does this?!

world is mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Yeah, when someone is found dead in luggage, it's usually an open-and-shut case. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll get my coat.:D

Hey! I used that one earlier on this thread. Anyway, the case is now closed.

Advertisement