Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single farm payments, new + herd numbers

Options
  • 29-01-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I find myself facing the need and want to farm the land that i have aprt time. Previously this has just been set for grazing and veg.(30a) I would like to get a few cattle or sheep and grow some veg. Also my friend was saying that i should apply for the single farm payments. Im 35 in the summer and so if it apply before then all i need is 3yrs experience rather than 5 i think. There are courses online aswell apparently that i can do to get the 180hrs that are required also. I will only be farming part time as i work monday to friday, so ideally would need to do courses online or at weekends.

just wondering if anyone can advise if i am best to ring up teagasc and ask them on this ? also the herd number for the farm is dormant, the man passed away over 10 years ago, do i try to activate this or look to get a new one. there is no crush facilities on the farm so want to advoid the cost here for a while, so maybe i will just to sheep and veg for a while first.

thanks very much

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement