Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of Attendance

Options
  • 29-01-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Help!!!!

Just finishing off the last of my Cao stuff now.
    Yeah I know it is kind of late.
    It has asked for a record of all course I attended in the past, even ones I did not complete.
    I attended Carlow IT in 1999, but did not finish the course. Like I said it asks for a record of everyhing I have attended. The problem is I didn't realise my record of attendance from a course I attended over 12 years ago would be required.
    Well I don't have this, but will be sending off copies of all my completed educational certificates. Will they refuse to process my application on the basis of not submitting my record of attendance from a course, I attended so long ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Have you spoken to IT Carlow about the cert? As it's more than 5 years since you left, presumably before getting a qualification it shouldn't affect your eligibility for a course now under the second chance rule. Maybe give CAO ring just to check if you can send the cert when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Have you spoken to IT Carlow about the cert? As it's more than 5 years since you left, presumably before getting a qualification it shouldn't affect your eligibility for a course now under the second chance rule. Maybe give CAO ring just to check if you can send the cert when you get it.

I have tried calling them to no avail, will go with the email route now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mark_cc

Hey Greenmachine, I'm in the same boat as yourself. Have you had any joy? I mailed Carlow and left Voicemail but still no contact

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

mark_cc wrote: »
    Hey Greenmachine, I'm in the same boat as yourself. Have you had any joy? I mailed Carlow and left Voicemail but still no contact

Hi I got confirmation from CAO that I would still need a certificate of attendance. Now I have to chase Carlow IT up still. Hope this doesn't ruin things for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi I got confirmation from CAO that I would still need a certificate of attendance. Now I have to chase Carlow IT up still. Hope this doesn't ruin things for me.

CAO will accept your cert up to the 7th Feb. Hopefully you will have it by then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement