Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolftrap closed?

• 29-01-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭

Saw some guys unbolting the doors on friday evening about 6. Thought that was strange.

I hear it was closed last night? Anyone know more?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Bizarre. I heard this yesterday, and I was genuinely shocked. Saying thath though the crowd that frequented there were a product of the boom. Young, lots of disposable cash, and out for a good time. That seems to be first thing to disappear since the start of the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Heard renovations mentioned but seems unlikely at a wk end,their busiest time. Shame though if gone for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Stories going around the Revenue shut them down and its permenant, digans are gone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

shocksy wrote: »
    Stories going around the Revenue shut them down and its permenant, digans are gone too.

Unless the property deal in 2008 fell through, then it would only be an operating company that was closed down http://www.offalyindependent.ie/news/roundup/articles/2008/04/05/26873-the-wolftrap-bought-by-tullamore-town-centre-developers/

Ultimately same net result for us punters on a weekend. I always liked the place to be honest. Got very used to it. Although I much preferred #1, in as far as nightclubs go.....

Pity for the poor staff. Many of them were very good at their jobs, very on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

Heard a great story re Digans
    Apparently the baliffs came to seize cash registers etc
    Someone noticed the Tax on their van was out of date rang the guards who stopped the van around Durrow and seized it !!

• Advertisement

gstack wrote: »
    Heard a great story re Digans
    Apparently the baliffs came to seize cash registers etc
    Someone noticed the Tax on their van was out of date rang the guards who stopped the van around Durrow and seized it !!

don't really know the lads but wouldn't call it a great story myself. Not into schadenfreude at all. Ugly business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Be an awful pity if the wolftrap is gone for good. It's a good spot...I quite like it! I noticed it closed myself Friday evening...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

another one is supposedly without licence at the moment but I'm not naming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Wow anytime I was there it was always jammers. It was a nice alternative to club. Shocked to hear this and very sorry for all of those out of work now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

heard that as part of the renewal of their licences they all needed to provide up to date tax clearance certificates....and some couldnt so they were closed as they couldnt be given a licence without it. I also heard a 3rd pub was also in a similiar situation but managed to get one.

• Advertisement

I passed by the Wolftrap last night and it seemed open? Guy on the door also? Anyone any info?

Would be great if it was. You only want what you can't have :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I passed by the Wolftrap last night and it seemed open? Guy on the door also? Anyone any info?

Would be great if it was. You only want what you can't have :D

Back open again, same management.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Back open again, same management.

Thank god for that, no need to ever go into lougheries again:pac:

A great crowd last night and a lot of the old staff back. Great to see it back again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Great to see the wolftrap reopened! Was in there on Sunday night and had a great laugh! Great to see a lot of familiar faces....
    Wishing it all the best in the future:D

Advertisement