Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog food

• 29-01-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi

If jumping between same brand of food ie Taste of wild - wetlands to Taste of wild - Pacific stream (http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/taste_of_the_wild )

Do you have to go through the weeks of mixing food or simply just swap over a few days.

Reason: My two dogs love the Wetlands stuff and doing well on it but my Staffie-X is stinking the house out of it. Its so bad that my husky gets up and scratches the door to get out of the room :eek: Funny to see but the smell is indescribable.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Change gradually over the space of a week ;)

If you decide to straight swap and your dog does has a bad reaction to it, you could end up taking a trip to the vets! Ad in the new food bit by bit and by the end of a week or just over you'l be sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OP a good tip I got here was to add a spoon of natural yoghurt to reduce 'emissions' ;) How do you find the TOTW otherwise? I was going to try my guy on it but played it safe and left him on JWB cereal free.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Its very good quality and at a great price too (2x 13.8kg bags for E100 on zooplus). I changed from maxizoo junior which i had my husky on for 6months but then i must of got a dodgy bag because it completely wrecked the insides of my dog so switched. Its definetly worth trying and my dogs love it.

Going to try the natural yogurt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks!! I think I might try him on it after all and see how he gets on.

Advertisement