Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a mess of things

Options
  • 29-01-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So I've worked quiet hard to get a job I had always aimed for but I can't hack it. I have just made a mess of something important which will be found out by Tuesday evening and will have some consequences for the company. It is a combination of my mistakes and been given work I was unable for. I don't want to run away but its affecting me badly in terms of stress, not being able to sleep and general health. I wish I could just start over again in something similar I know I'd be able for it I just didn't realise what was required of me initially.

i also feel I will be letting a lot of people who have been very good to me down if I leave, also of course the financial impact of it all is worrying me but I'm sure I can get a job of some sorts to keep me ticking over on the bread line for a while.

i am admitadely a proud person, too much for my own good, but this is really getting to me, I am dreading going to work in the morning and am so tempted to not to but I know I will.

What I just can't decide is how much unhappiness is acceptable to have? I've obviously had many jobs where I have not liked but nothing I have felt pyscially sick and paniced over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Whats the question?

Sounds like you need to come clean with your boss about your screw-up asap.
    Stress will be get worse until you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

agree with above. Your only human everyone screws up and makes mistakes.
    I'd tell your boss etc , its not worth your health worrying about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

its definitely better for the discovery and explanation to come from you than for somebody to come to you looking for an explanation.

Man up ,apologise explain what you have learned and you never know they might give you a second chance.
    You say your wiser now ,tell your company that and how you will make up for your mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Best it comes from you instead of someone else finding it
    The boss earns the big money as they have to deal with escalated issues so tell them immediately.

Mistakes happen.
    And if you're unable for it well it's your mistake but at the same times many companies are running ridiculously short staffed so it's possible they're asking too much from you

Anyway, I hope you told the boss.
    You'll have to explain yourself but if you're found covering it up they'll sack you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

if it's going to be found out, but either way, tell them. Monday. First thing. At least you'd have their respect for honesty and that's worth a tremendous amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

That was last week though.
    Whatever was going to happen has happened by now.

How'd it go OP?

Advertisement