Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The hopelessly overpriced bicycle thread..!!Mod warning - no stolen bike discussion!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

At 1500e it is almost good value :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mod- he's a dreamer, but please dont put up anything to personally identify him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

lcxyE0D.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Andy Magic wrote: »
    lcxyE0D.gif

tumblr_lyjjtwjVAZ1qij1mgo3_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

EDIT: Loops, missed the mod note, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I wonder would he swop it for a womans Irish Hockey stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Not as bad as the McCann bike but not far off
    http://www.adverts.ie/15957867

Right
    Who is trying to flog this then?
    Come on own up
    https://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/retro-titanium-bike/19429148

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭C3PO

dvntie wrote: »
    Right
    Who is trying to flog this then?
    Come on own up
    https://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/retro-titanium-bike/19429148

The bike is nice but don't like the wheels ... and the price is ridiculous!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you were serious about selling a bike for €6k you might have remembered to mention the size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

C3PO wrote: »

The stem doesn't suit the bike either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

C3PO wrote: »

I was thinking €6k was a little too much for a set of spinergies.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    The stem doesn't suit the bike either.

Hideous :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Planet X 10 speed for €1150
    Bike is in excellent condition and has been very well maintained. Little use in last 24 months. Fully rebuilt in 2014 to current spec!!

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/planet-x-pro-carbon-road-bike-54cm/16223752

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Borderfox wrote: »
    Planet X 10 speed for €1150
    Bike is in excellent condition and has been very well maintained. Little use in last 24 months. Fully rebuilt in 2014 to current spec!!

https://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/planet-x-pro-carbon-road-bike-54cm/16223752

I think you could get something the same (or better) spec new from PX for less

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm so, so tempted - 4 grand discount. One hell of a bargain

I guess I could ask Graeme Obree to work on something similar - he might be able to make it out of a washing machine, which might be cheaper still

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm so, so tempted - 4 grand discount. One hell of a bargain

I guess I could ask Graeme Obree to work on something similar - he might be able to make it out of a washing machine, which might be cheaper still

Isn't that the left hand drive one the Canadian or was the American women's team pursuit squad used in Rio?

ETA trying to meet their commercially available requirement maybe.

It's a bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Why is a LHD more advantageous on the track? As most people are right footed, and track races go counter-clockwise, wouldn't a normal RHD be more suitable? Or am I missing something and exposing my ignorance? :confused:

Why is a LHD more advantageous on the track? As most people are right footed, and track races go counter-clockwise, wouldn't a normal RHD be more suitable? Or am I missing something and exposing my ignorance? :confused:

"The most radical development has been the positioning of the drivetrain (chainset, chain and rear sprocket) on the left-hand side. Felt says that it found bikes tested faster when the airflow is from the drive side of the bike, so moving the drivetrain from the outside of the track to the inside, and therefore placing it in the airflow, is claimed to make the bike more aerodynamic. Felt also says another benefit is improved handling.

“Wind is coming in towards the frame from the left-hand side,” explains Jeff Soucek, Director of Engineering. “So by moving the drive side on the bike from the outside of the track [right-hand] to the inner part of the track [left-hand], not only does the bike become more aerodynamic, it also helps with moving the weight and center of gravity inboard, as well. Other things like the narrow front and rear hubs and a lot of various small features have gone into the bike to make it very unique and incredibly fast.”

From: https://road.cc/content/tech-news/190619-felts-new-olympic-track-bike-spot-deliberate-mistake

Aero basically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

And you get two sets of wheels and a bike box. Not too bad!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Or am I missing something and exposing my ignorance? :confused:
    Having the drivetrain on the inside means it goes a shorter distance thereby reducing overall effort required to push that extra weight another 10cm or so a lap

:pac:

In the "biggest bang for your buck" table it works out at about 10 grand per watt....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Beasty wrote: »
    In the "biggest bang for your buck" table it works out at about 10 grand per watt....

You've bought it haven't you :pac:

http://www.adverts.ie/16735325

1700 with cable pull discs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

nee wrote: »
    "The most radical development has been the positioning of the drivetrain (chainset, chain and rear sprocket) on the left-hand side. Felt says that it found bikes tested faster when the airflow is from the drive side of the bike, so moving the drivetrain from the outside of the track to the inside, and therefore placing it in the airflow, is claimed to make the bike more aerodynamic. Felt also says another benefit is improved handling.

“Wind is coming in towards the frame from the left-hand side,” explains Jeff Soucek, Director of Engineering. “So by moving the drive side on the bike from the outside of the track [right-hand] to the inner part of the track [left-hand], not only does the bike become more aerodynamic, it also helps with moving the weight and center of gravity inboard, as well. Other things like the narrow front and rear hubs and a lot of various small features have gone into the bike to make it very unique and incredibly fast.”

From: https://road.cc/content/tech-news/190619-felts-new-olympic-track-bike-spot-deliberate-mistake

Aero basically

Could they not just cycle the other way around the track and achieve the same thing for everyone

hesker wrote: »
    Could they not just cycle the other way around the track and achieve the same thing for everyone

Heresy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nee wrote: »
    Heresy

While track cyclists are ridiculously, ridiculously good looking, they cannot turn right. Not sure if the two are connected as Zoolander cannot turn left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

granda wrote: »

These are holding their value (or asking price anyway)

2013 BMC Impec Lamborghini Edition
    $35,000
    used, but only "50km, rode carefully"
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMITED-2013-BMC-Impec-Lamborghini-Edition-Bike/263962292603?hash=item3d7560f17b:g:mBIAAOSwOXJbrdKs&redirect=mobile

Advertisement