Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a break from B-IE

Options
  • 29-01-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Right guys , short & sweet , Im off from B-IE , after 500+ CW games its time to leave it to dub & his team , im sure i'll see yas online in the future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Right guys , short & sweet , Im off from B-IE , after 500+ CW games its time to leave it to dub & his team , im sure i'll see yas online in the future

???? You need to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

???? You need to contact me.

Think he just did....

k99_64 wrote: »
    Think he just did....

His post is not what I would consider 'contacting me'.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i was not sure how to reply to this, but im sure paddy had his reasons. i have no idea what happend but this is most unlike you to just quit.
    as dub said , ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Guys in brief:

I did post in my try out for leader that i did not want to stay on as DC , i didnt do it because it was sour grapes so i stayed on helping dub where i could.

I dont particularly like the direction the clan is going ,eg recruting all sorts of randoms with poor stats and in some cases no english!!!
    -remember we dropped lots of players that were with us for 6 months for these guys

b-ie was for me about cameraderie with friends , many of the new players do add to this ,a few dont

discipline where senior clan members can abuse people & cause tem to leave chat chan etc ( rosko is one instance by no means the only one)
    new recruits telling me/us how to run tactics teams etc with no means to do anything about it (eg warning whatever)

i thank u all for great times TIIC members included , this is not a blame post , who knows i might come back begging for a trial in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sionn

Paddy I know I am a disobedient bollox, but you are vital to this clan.
    I have played hundreds of clan battles and lost hundreds more but carry on regardless.
    I am also dismayed with the direction of the clan, some nights we seem to have no command structure whatsoever, lets all push right/left is not a viable tactic.
    Communication is now a major issue, I truly enjoy the clan aspect of the game, the laugh camaraderie and banter I have with all you guys is fab (even though I have become quiet recently).
    I have watched players with whom I have played for months drop out for similar reasons. We had an identity in the past, and whether we won or lost it was always taken with humor and a great deal of respect to other players. Now a blame culture has crept in and i for one am not enjoying it.
    Something needs to be done.
    Solutions welcome!

sionn wrote: »
    Paddy I know I am a disobedient bollox, but you are vital to this clan.
    I have played hundreds of clan battles and lost hundreds more but carry on regardless.
    I am also dismayed with the direction of the clan, some nights we seem to have no command structure whatsoever, lets all push right/left is not a viable tactic.
    Communication is now a major issue, I truly enjoy the clan aspect of the game, the laugh camaraderie and banter I have with all you guys is fab (even though I have become quiet recently).
    I have watched players with whom I have played for months drop out for similar reasons. We had an identity in the past, and whether we won or lost it was always taken with humor and a great deal of respect to other players. Now a blame culture has crept in and i for one am not enjoying it.
    Something needs to be done.
    Solutions welcome!

Watch this space Sionn. These are issues I've been meaning to address, and they will be addressed. I've been caught up with work over the past while, but new rules, regulations, and Codes of Conduct will be drawnup (in draft stage) for which all members will be expected to follow.

It might be seen to be 'ruling with an Iron fist' by some - but with success, comes sacrifice, and if that means being a bit ruthless when it comes down to discipline, so be it.

As I said, watch this space. We've all invested way too much time at this stage to remain a 'nowhere clan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Guys in brief:

I did post in my try out for leader that i did not want to stay on as DC , i didnt do it because it was sour grapes so i stayed on helping dub where i could.

I dont particularly like the direction the clan is going ,eg recruting all sorts of randoms with poor stats and in some cases no english!!!
    -remember we dropped lots of players that were with us for 6 months for these guys

b-ie was for me about cameraderie with friends , many of the new players do add to this ,a few dont

discipline where senior clan members can abuse people & cause tem to leave chat chan etc ( rosko is one instance by no means the only one)
    new recruits telling me/us how to run tactics teams etc with no means to do anything about it (eg warning whatever)

i thank u all for great times TIIC members included , this is not a blame post , who knows i might come back begging for a trial in future

Paddy,

I'm gutted that your leaving mate. You have been part of the glue that has kept us going through good times and bad, not to mention the guy who has twice led us to land.

I haven't been on too much for clan wars lately (pesky real life etc) so I'm not 100% sure of all of the drama your reffering to. I do agree though that this is still only a game and there is no place in it for people abusing others etc. We've always been of like minds on this, play competitively and skillfully but to have some fun above all. God knows the game can be a pain in the arse at times and I know I would have given up on it a long time ago if it wasn't for the craic with you guy's.

I hope you haven't given up on us altogether and will platoon up from time to time. We'll keep a garage slot warm for you.

KAC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Guys in brief:

I did post in my try out for leader that i did not want to stay on as DC , i didnt do it because it was sour grapes so i stayed on helping dub where i could.icon14.gif

Fionn wrote:
    That is why i suggested putting all potential new members into TIICD for the 1st 2 weeks as a trial, while they are there we can still get them involved in platoons as such and evaluate them at the same time, without having to move people out unnecessarily .

Fionn wrote:
    I agree that it is not acceptable for clan leaders to verbally chastise any member on TS in front of everyone, If there is a problem speak to them privately and explain the problem, shouting at someone on ts in front of the rest of the clan is achieving nothing accept making the person being shouted at feel pissed off.

fionn wrote:
    The sooner you come back the better for us, Thank you for everything you done, not only for the clan but for me too, you will be missed big time mate. And remember this, you have many friends here .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm locking this before it goes to far (pre emptive lock mind you, none has gone over the line); all DCs (including a certain ex DC) please be online tonight for a TS discussion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement